The Cincinnati Reds

Discussion in 'Sports' started by emainvol, Aug 11, 2011.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Now, let's avoid losing two straight to the Cards.

Can't wait til other guys in the lineup start hitting, but dammit, I'll take it. Hoover has been impressive in two outings so far, Chappy is just unreal, and Votto looks like Votto again.

With that said, **** Kevin Gregg and Manny Parra.

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Oh, and Billy by God Hamilton is a gamechanger

3. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Having Jumbo Diaz on your major league roster is an abject disgrace.

4. hatvol96

I thought it would be impossible not to upgrade from Dusty Baker. The Reds somehow managed to find a manager just as awful.

5. hatvol96

I don't think it would be possible for me to be more sick of Brandon Phillips and Jay Bruce. Also, there's a [dadgum] reason Marlon Byrd has played for 50 different teams. The Reds are nothing more than a filler franchise now. Might as well be Tampa or Houston.

6. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

What are you guys expecting from him this year? He's on my fantasy team so i hope i made a good decision.

7. hatvol96

Keep running Fatass Diaz out there. Keep blowing games.

8. hatvol96

Walt Jocketty should be banned from baseball for life for assembling a bullpen where Fatass Diaz and Kevin Gregg are the first two options for the eighth inning.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

No joke. Its unbelievable.

I am still impressed with Hoover though, he appears to have done a complete 180 from last year

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

There is no damn way that Lorenzen and Howard aren't already better options than Gregg and Diaz

11. hatvol96

Also, any lefthanded reliever in the system who couldn't beat out Manny Para should be released immediately. I'm already looking ahead to what we can get from the Red Sox for Cueto and the Tigers for Chapman.

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

And manny Parra comes in to finish the job

13. hatvol96

I'm realistic enough to realize a team in a market like Cincinnati isn't going to be in contention every year. They were the best team in baseball in '12 and let it get away. It's obviously time to retool and go into building mode. That doesn't excuse subjecting fans to a bunch of shitty journeymen out of the bullpen constantly.

14. hatvol96

For the 25th anniversary bobblehead promotion a week from Saturday the Nasty Boys should come onto the field and beat Gregg, Diaz, Parra, and Badenhop with bats.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am worried we paid 103930209 dollars to a guy with a dead arm.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Agreed on the first three. I think Badenhop has been fine outside of his first appearance. Hell, he gets the job done last night if the infield is at double play depth

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Ha, even Dusty used Chapman before the 9th inning, sometimes for more than one inning at a time.

Dusty Baker > Bryan Price.

Seriously, **** you, Bryan Price

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Which burned out former Cardinals play for the Tigers and the Red Sox?

19. hatvol96

I'm shocked Jocketty didn't sign Edmonds in the offseason to play left.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

DeSclafani isn't half bad