The Cincinnati Reds

Discussion in 'Sports' started by emainvol, Aug 11, 2011.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Welp, might as well bring this one over here.

So, we really suck.

2. I guess I don't have much of a reason to go back to VN now. We do suck.

3. I do like the fact that it appears Dusty has given up and started playing Sappelt and Frazier everyday.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I pretty much gave up on the Cardinals last night. They aren't coming from 5 back.

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

i gave up on baseball in May. like every year.

6. WM

WM Active Member

When i watched a group of fans getting in a fight over a foul ball that landed in a garbage can at the Trop, i knew it was time to shut down my hopes this year as well.

7. It's too late to mean anything but Bruce is finally heating up again.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah, I was going to say something about that. He needs to get his shit together. This streaky crap is a joke.

9. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'm exhausted watching that bunch. They just are so much less than the sum of their parts.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Well, we have talked about it all year, it all starts with the guy calling the shots in the dugout.

11. Looks like the Red Legs have finally remembered how to hit. What the [uck fay].

12. 7 homeruns so far.

13. Since I don't give a shit about the big league team for the remainder of the season, I thought I would check on Slidin' Billy Hamilton. He may have figured out how to hit and more importantly figured out how to take a walk. He is also still really fast. Over the second half of the season (54 games), he is hitting .286/.362/.348. He now has 84 steals on the year.

14. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

We can still top the Cardinals in the division. [uck fay] Dusty Baker and all that jazz, but finishing at least a game up on the Birds would be a nice consolation prize when it comes to this joke of a [uck fay]ing season.

That said, part of me hopes it happens because the Cards collapse, and we stay shitty so Bobby C. will take out the trash this offseason.

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yonder Alonso is a helluva hitter.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Goddammit, why couldn't the Reds have played ball the way they have for the last week or so over the course of the entire season?

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Actually, now that I look at it, they have played like this all season. Seemed like they were winning more.

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Since Dusty Baker appears to be safe going into next season, does anyone think the Reds have a shot in hell at pulling Francona in when they tank again this year due to horrible offseason moves and absolutely terrible management throughout the entirety of next season?

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If the Reds bring in Dmitri Young, the little faith I had in the front office will be completely gone.

20. tankervol

tankervol Member

Reds just traded away Volquez, Alonso, Grandal for Mat Latos.