The college basketball compendium thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by lylsmorr, Nov 28, 2012.

1. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

loooyville vs gold doom,,,,looyville by ten

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Best player in the nation right now - Victor Oladipo

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And the Izzos absolutely HAMMER Meechigan tonight. 23 point win over a top 10 team will look good on the resume.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Sadly I just saw this. My only reply Indy is that I'd [itch bay] slap you so hard your entire family would feel it.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Noel looks to have a pretty serious knee injury. UK's fleeting hopes for a deep run went out the door and, even worse, Noel may have damaged his prospects as the top pick.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Torn ACL for Noel. It looked awful on camera

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Am I allowed to feel bad for Noel while also laughing at UK?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seems legit.

9. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Ruling on the field is confirmed.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I hate living in Big 10 country. People comparing them to the SEC in football right now... I'm sorry, but when's the last time the Big 10 won a National Title in bball? I know it's different, but it's been quite some time since they've even won one. Personally, I think the Big 10 is overrated this year. They are probably the best conference, but a lot of them are ranked much too high. I'd take Florida over any of them right now.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'd take Michigan State and Indiana over Florida.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Also, this:

[video=youtube;20vWpuy8b8s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=20vWpuy8b8s[/video]

13. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the Florida team that got run out of the building at Arkansas? There are at least five Big 10 teams better than them, possibly more.

14. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Very interesting how well Southern Cal is playing since KO was fired.

15. hatvol96

Look who they are beating. The performance level isn't much different than the last five games he coached. Haden knew the PAC 12 sucked and that they were likely to perform pretty well. Thus, he went ahead and fired KO so that he wouldn't have to do so after they finished with a winning league record.

16. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

F**k Florida.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, the same team that has run nearly every other team they have played out of the building, including Marquette, Wisconsin, and UK with Noel for most of the game.

18. hatvol96

Florida played two really good teams in the nonconference portion of their schedule. Lost to both of them. How is beating this Kentucky team with or without Noel meaningful?

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Florida would barely be better than a bubble team in the Big 10.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, I guess beating the Wisconsin team (by 18) that beat Michigan, IU, and almost Mich State means nothing. I guess a 33 point win over Marquette means nothing as well. Their two out of conference losses were toss up games against top 10 teams. Doesn't exactly paint them as a bad team. And UK is top 35 in the nation and Forida flat made them look silly for most of the game.

This statement can't be serious.