The college basketball compendium thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by lylsmorr, Nov 28, 2012.

1. homefry20

homefry20 New Member

CUSA according to Pastner

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Ohio State currently has 4 top-100 wins...two of them being Iowa and Washington. Me thinks OSU is a bit overrated.

Currently down 20 to Wisconsin in the first half.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am probably asking to get jumped here, but I think that is typical of the Big 10. There are always a couple of legit teams, and then a couple of phonies who happened to get a win off of one of the legit teams and then filled up on less than stellar competition. The Big 10 seems to do this in every sport.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Actually, I agree

5. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Ohio st is definitely a little overrated, but they're also 5th in the league. I haven't noticed that as a trend year in and year out.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Think about Wisconsin over the last few years. They were often touted as serious contenders, then got bounced in the tourney the first weekend (2007-2010). With the exception of 2005, they've played either right at or well below expectations in the tourney every year in recent memory. This is one example.

7. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

This is the example? I've never once heard uw pumped as a legit title contender. And looking at ryan era, they've played past their expected tourney shelf life three times (based on seeding), gotten bounced early twice, and played to expectations the other years.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

We must not listen to the same talking heads

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

USC takes down Arizona tonight

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I despise Coach K

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Kenpom and the other computers usually overrate the Big 10 a little bit. People who swear by those models will be prone to error here. The tourney usually seeds them correctly though.

12. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Shit UVA is solidifying their bid with this win.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Helps us.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Joe Harris has to be a legitimate POY candidate

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

They were already in.

16. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Not really - the RPI difference from losing to them isn't as big as them being on the outside looking in. They are considered last four in before the win.

17. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Not with a loss to Duke and 1 more. RPI at 65 and have to go to FSU and against Maryland.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Good point.

19. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

We likely shouldn't need any help if we do win out it would just be nice to see some of these teams fall just in case.

20. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Rush the court? fags.