The Coming Quarterback Clash

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Jul 16, 2014.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

AJ Suggs?

2. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

He did his best Worley against Bama in '99. Came in for a few drives, did absolutely nothing, BUT HE DIDNT TURN IT OVER!

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Joey Mathews threw what has to be the worst TD pass in UT history in the Southern Miss game in 2000

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I don't recall. Did Southern Miss score on the play?

5. JohnnyQuickkick

No but the throw looked like a shanked punt iirc and Cedric Wilson caught it

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Suggs threw a pick-6 against UF the next week.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Suggs and Matthews...

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

The two things that seperate Matthews from Worley is Sanders and North.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Sanders or Bajakian?

10. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

11. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

I'll just say that I believe Butch and company can coach. They jumped in last season with barely enough time to drink a warm cup of coffee. In the process, we got a kicker who finally performed to the hype he came into the program with. We got kick returners who didn't drop balls or avoid catching them. We got a RB who finally learned to run between tackles and be decently productive. I believe we will this season get 2, possibly 3 QBs who may not be Russel Wilsonesque but at least Jim McMahonish.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

Yeah I was there. Actually I think Mathews accomplished that feat in the So Miss game as well.

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

He at least help set up their score. Can't remember if it was a pick-6 though.

14. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Jim McMahon was a ****ing stud. His career in college and the NFL is better than Wilson's.

RE: Palardy
    The staff got productivity out of Palardy because he actually had SEC talent. Worley should be battling for the starting job at Furman, not Tennessee. He can't play DI football and he def cannot be depended on in the least by an SEC team.

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Had a couple of cocktails with him a few weeks ago. Was glad to see he's still alive

*subtle I'm bros with Jim McMahon post.

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Bajakian is in way over his head in the SEC but he's still a night and day improvement over the job Sanders did here, especially the first seasons at the OC.

17. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

That's awesome. I've heard that his brain injury had greatly improved after working with Dr. Daniel Amen. Could you verify this?

18. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Didn't know him prior. Great guy, give you the shirt off his back-type, but seems to have a screw loose. Has a body guard too, which is strange.

19. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Not too strange considering he was a danger to himself as of a few years ago. He'd be out somewhere and forget who he was and what he was doing.