The Coming Quarterback Clash

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Jul 16, 2014.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

have you read half this ****ing thread? it might not be that obvious to all.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I thought the "if all else is equal" part was pretty self-explanatory.

I'll ask IP to type slower to help you out.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm typing as slow as I can!

4. JohnnyQuickkick

nevermind.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

He never does.

6. JayVols

Haha.

Do we have our wires crossed as usual? If so, I offer my apologies.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

Yeah....you're from Venus, I'm from Mars I guess.

I was just talking about all these folks saying things like "if Dobbs hasn't beaten Worley out by now" kind of stuff and I'm trying to figure out when he was supposed to have done it. A couple of starts as a true freshman with no skill talent? 1 spring? Watching film and throwing this summer? He may be blowtastic. Wouldn't surprise me. I just don't understand writing him off already, after such limited exposure.

8. JayVols

Ah.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would hope Dobbs' physical talent is so much better than Worley, Butch can't keep him off the field. That's not the case though

10. JohnnyQuickkick

there's so much more to it though...but i hope he steps it up in the fall

11. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

I don't see him being the playmaker a lot of folks were predicting, but as many people have pointed out, we haven't seem much from the kid. However, would there be a competition if he was true SEC talent? I wouldn't think so.

12. JayVols

Good point. I think a lot of the issue is that we know Dobbs will keep on the read making it a true option. With Worley in, the read basically becomes only a straight dive play. That's an important difference when your whole offense centers around the read option.

13. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

Yep. He gives is that. I hope he gives us more as the season progresses. I hope this game plan fits this offense better than last years, given that we don't seem to want to change things up to better accommodate the strengths of our players.

14. JayVols

That's the very reason I've not been a Bajakian fan.

15. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

I understand why they do it. It's because a lot of Vols fans are never happy except when they're unhappy.
    Now, you may think that's an oxymoron when in truth it's just moronic.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm very certain I am especially unhappy when I am unhappy. But I am also pretty sure there is a consistent reality or "existence" I reside in, no matter my emotional state or how I manipulate myself to perceive it. In the present reality I live in, we have two quarterbacks with serious question marks. I could roll them around in sugar for a month or so of a high, but the season is coming either way and there is no eyebrows on Dobbs to catch that candy coating and we already know Worley tastes like gym socks.

17. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

That's hilarious. you the man, IP!

18. JohnnyQuickkick

serious question marks is fair and accurate.

"he sucks because he didn't look good in his true freshman season with Josh Smith and Cody Blanc as his receivers" is something else

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm on record as to saying I think Dobbs is ultimately the future, as of the end of last year. Which seems like a lame ass prediction now that the "secret weapon" transferred to nowhere

20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I ****ing hate hoping. I just wanna know.