The Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 5, 2020.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Wtf I just want the whole story numb nuts. If you don’t, then don’t, but don’t get pissy when someone else does. Couple you folk tend to get pissy when people disagree.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The person who gets pissy when people disagree with them is you.

3. Ssmiff

Still wondering why wanting to know the whole story is a problem. It shouldn’t be. Ever.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The whole story is that a kid is dead for no reason, again, at the hands of the police.

And if even if he was dangerous, this still isn’t the protocol so what we’re trying to tell you is that it doesn’t [uck fay]ing matter.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

No it wouldn't. Not for me.

This isn't Judge Dredd.

SetVol13 likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

hes not dead. Fortunately, you have no power over what matters to anybody but yourself.
    I’m not arguing about protocol.
    And the whole story always matters, which has nothing to do with your broken protocol debate you are arguing about with nobody.

7. Ssmiff

People differ. I believe we have a few posters who would gun down a man themselves if their family had been harmed and would unconcerned about police protocol.

8. NorrisAlan

But the police represent the government. They should be completely dispassionate in their application of the law. Now, that is impossible, as the cops are humans, but the smallest hint of advocacy for this kind of action by a representative of the State should scare the [uck fay] out of anyone, especially those inclined to hate the government anyway.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Yes it does. You’re trying to imply that if he was dangerous then the action may have been warranted and the point you don’t like is that even if he was dangerous, this isn’t how the police are trained to handle the situation. Numb nuts.

10. Ssmiff

advocating? The overreaction to me wanting the backstory is a little much. Looks like attempted murder to me, but if the dude by chance just ran over my kid, I don’t give a [uck fay] about protocol. I understand your view.

11. Ssmiff

im aware of all that Dooz but frankly if it’s a bad dude who has done harm to people and more than likely will do more, I don’t care. You do. I don’t. Multiple people killed in memphis by 2 dudes I wish police or someone else would have killed a couple years ago instead of protocol which allowed them to do what they did.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's no sense in that

SetVol13 likes this.
  13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm not [ussy pay] I saw the video. I'm not trying to fabricate a false reality where what he did was justified. But I get it. Cops good no matter what.

Nothing in the video warranted the response plus the cop lying about being assaulted by the guy after the fact to attempt to justify his actions tells me what I need to know.

14. NorrisAlan

In the scenario where the dude shot was a bad dude, can you put yourself in the situation where it was your son in the car? He went bad, and stops for a burger and is summarily shot (with intent to kill, most likely) by a police officer.

Can you truly say you would be ok with that?

15. Ssmiff

lol. Keep going..

16. Ssmiff

would be beyond awful. And first thing I’d want to know is again, wtf happened and why.

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'm not the one trying to magic eraser the video evidence or the one caught in an outright lie. Poor cop though, he didn't abuse his power and authority to murder someone, he's just misunderstood.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

As I understand, the cop mistook him for a driver who had eluded him earlier in the week. The cars look similar.

There was also an innocent young lady sitting in the passenger seat while he shot indescriminatly.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Good lord. This makes it even worse.

20. Ssmiff

thank you. Your answer is much easier than 2 pages of faux rage over imaginary points.
    Hopefully the kid and family are millionairres soon and the cop in jail.