The LA Clippers Next Owner(s) Will Be...

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Apr 30, 2014.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Mayweather is connected to people who are good at gambling. When he tosses down a few million on a game, rest assured those aren't "his" picks.

2. kidbourbon

Perfectly sensible reason.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

My ole standby:

Isiah Thomas

4. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I don't know why we are even discussing Mayweather. What can he bankroll ... really ... like a 1/8 of the expense? Ellison is the fifth richest man in the ****ing world and Oprah's statement has a B in there as well. Mayweather can't sniff the air that those guys breathe so let's stop even pretending he's a player in this. Magic thinks he has a shot to get the team with the Guggenheim partners and maybe he does. Hell, I hope he does get the Clippers ... maybe then he'll STFU about what the Lakers should or shouldn't do.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Mayweather has a history of racist remarks. Would be a time bomb waiting to go off.

6. kidbourbon

Floyd Mayweather made a statement about owning the clippers just to give the impression that he has more money than he really does. Mayweather has less money than you think he has. Boxers ALWAYS have less money than you think they have. You wanna know why Manny Pacquiao will be still be fighting five years from now? Love of the sport? Something to prove? Wants to cement his legacy? Still has plenty in the tank? None of the above. Manny Pacquiao will be fighting five years from now because Manny Pacquiao is broke, and he'll never be unbroke.

Mayweather doesn't overextend himself financially to the same extent Pacquiao does, but he still finds a way to spend a larger portion than you'd imagine.

7. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Owner of the worst nickname in sports history

8. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Perviest Ellison is a great nickname.

9. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I look forward to watching Pacquiao take savage beatings as he deteriorates further. Only watching Ray Leonard get pounded at the end of the line will have given me more joy.

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Well, watching Tyson get knocked around like the piece of common trash he was did make me smile.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Could you please explain how you know how much money I think he has? And then please state what that amount is. Thanks in advance.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Because psychic shit and 7, imo.

13. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Don't forget David Geffen. He's worth a cool 6.2 billion himself.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Doesn't take an accountant to figure out a guy that regularly bets $100k on a weekend of football, has a huge entourage, and spends money like a drunken sailor might not have retained much of his earnings.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

So how does that enter into reading my mind?

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Ha ha

Misread you post. My bad

17. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

sterling aint giving that team up without a looooooooong legal battle. imo.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I bet he dies before it's settled. Of course that could be a matter of months

19. dknash

dknash Chieftain

The plot thickens...

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Just talking out of my ass