The latest one could realistically pose as a high schooler

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 31, 2023.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

This seems to happen periodically, where someone attempts to reboot their life by impersonating a high school student, presumably to leverage their extra experiences and skills. They seem to get caught in a month or two.

But what is the latest one could really pull this off? The recent lady was 29. The jig would have been up in college. I remember a guy who was even playing on the basketball team who was really 25 and looked like a dad. Depending on the person, I think you'd have to attempt this no later than 24.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

Poppa T and IP like this.
  3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

For most people the HS look gig is up by end of undergrad once the 4 or 5 years of boozing and eating junk food expire, especially if you don’t work out a ton in college. Mid 20s for some. Late 20s for a very select few.

You do see those in HS though that could pass for being late 20s-early 30s. Just look at our basketball player Tobe who turned 19 this week. If I worked at a convenience store, I’d sell him beer if he handed me a fake ID claiming he was 30.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

See, I think he does look under 21. A powerful man, but one more than likely under 21.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Don't forget about 46 year old high school senior Greg Oden.
    0D609D88-B872-4352-812D-12C21551447C.jpeg

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I thought about that. These guys are definitely out there and looking 40 in high school.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There's a girl in our small group that is 28 or 29 and could easily pass for a 17 or 18 year old if she so tried.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Good grief I forgot what a freak of nature he was. Are we sure Oden wasn’t actually a 38 year old when he was supposedly 19? Unfortunately for him he certainly had the knees of someone decades older than he was.

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea idk he just doesn’t look like a literal teenager at all to me. He’s a fully grown ass adult a few years into his 20s in my eyes if I walked past him in the grocery store and had to guess his age not knowing who he was. Looks like a 25-30 year old who has taken impeccable care of his body to me

Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Women are a whole different ballgame than men too. Anne Hathaway comes to mind. She’s looked the same to me for 20 years now.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I work at a college. The girls all look like women and the boys all look like goofy, knobbly idiots.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I had a pretty good beard by the time I was a senior in high school, I didn't get ID'ed much buying dip or beer

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

My daughter turns 21 in a couple of months. Last year we took her out to eat for her birthday and got her into the whole wear the sombrero while folks sing to you thing at the local Mexican joint. The server asked me if she was starting high school next fall. No one who doesn't already know her thinks she is over 15 or so still.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sombreros take years off your face, though. Slimming, too.

PilotFlyingJ and warhammer like this.
  16. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

School did not allow facial hair back in day. But with my 5 o'clock shadow on Fridays/Saturdays the boys always sent me in to buy beer at the pkg/honky tonks. Never got carded.
    The local country bootlegger did not care. You drove around his house/yard, placed order at window.

justingroves likes this.
  17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Been there done that with the local bootlegger.

Funny story about buying booze. My high football team was historically bad, like really bad. We got a new coach my sophomore year, and by the time I was a senior, we were rolling. Had a key injury Thursday night before the opener senior year and wound up going to overtime against the second best team in our district. After the game, we couldn't make it to the normal package store we visited because of the late game, and my buddy suggested going to this other package store/bar down the road. I protested that there was no way I could go in seeing as how my dad had been a regular customer for years and the owner knew me for years. I waited in the car as my friend went in (wearing his away jersey mind you). He comes out with his arms loaded with Strohs or Schlitz or whatever cheap swill we wound up with that night. I popped the trunk for him, and he told me to go inside. There was more. The owner looked at me as I entered, and some guy sitting at the bar who I didn't know exclaimed that we had played a hell of a game that night. The owner pointed to four half cases of whatever cheap beer he had given us and said, "I guess you're looking for this." I said yessir as I grabbed up the beer, and he replied, "Tell your daddy I said hello. Don't get into too much trouble." I guess I was just paranoid. We maid out with the equivalent of four cases of beer for free that night. Obviously we made frequent returns.

Poppa T likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator