The NBA Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by GahLee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

There's probably a case to be made that if DLo had given the Lakers even one average performance in the first 3 games, the series is likely 2-1 (Denver) right now. Probably also a case to be made that if he gave them 3 average performances, the Lakers could be up 2-1. He has been legitimately terrible for them in this series:

upload_2023-5-22_11-56-22.png

As good as Jokic has looked at times, as hot as Murray has been, and as tired as LeBron has looked in every 4th quarter, I honestly think D'Angelo Russell disappearing offensively is the biggest factor in why this series has gone the way it has gone.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Another fun nugget from @NashVol11 's guy, Zach Lowe:

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Little late to be hitting a hot streak, LeBron.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We could be heading towards an all time Bron game…

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m of the mind that Denver is just the better team, but there’s been enough of this sort of shit:

to make me wonder.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

If it is some luck, the longer the series goes it should start trending towards the mean

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’m glad Mark Jackson and Lebron are on my side of the “waiting for coach to tell you what to do” debate. Ballers know it’s on them.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

James has been that guy for awhile, ya.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah man. The 20 year vet, who many consider the most cerebral player of all time, and who some consider the goat, doesn’t need a coach to tell him what to do, so no one else in the league should either.

11. Ssmiff

If nba coaches have to tell top players in the world who and where to get the ball during gameplay, they have either failed in prep or don’t have leaders on the floor or both.

12. Ssmiff

Wrong players on the court if they don’t know who and where to get the ball in a game built on setting picks to get mismatches.

13. Ssmiff

Jokic is something else. Crazy good hands and in better shape than you’d expect as he gets so many boards and dribbles it up

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

All these chump owners paying coaches millions. Can’t believe you’re not a GM.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Jokic with back to back offensive fouls… I don’t believe my eyes.

16. Ssmiff

First one was a Leflop

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Jokic shooting 60% from 3. Lol

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Nick Wright had an interesting take on the Lakers that I hadn't really thought about.

Basically said that everyone praises Rob Pelinka for what he did at the deadline, but he's a big part of the reason they started 2-10 on the season. And because they started 2-10, they had to basically play playoff basketball down the stretch of the regular season to make sure they made the play in. Every single game mattered. And they finally ran out of gas against the Nuggets because they had essentially been playing playoff basketball for an extra month or so.

Idk if that's true, but it's certainly interesting and could be an explanation for why the Lakers got swept despite looking, at times, like they were good enough to compete with the Nuggets. They were up in games 2 and 4 but faded in the 4th quarter. They were on the precipice of finishing an amazing come back in game 1 but couldn't quite get over the finish line.

And more importantly, do the Lakers agree with that sentiment? Because if so, they should probably just run it back next year.