The official conspiracy theory cover up thread..........

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Nov 18, 2012.

1. WM

WM Active Member

Any updates on Squatch sightings? I mean the lid is gonna be torn off this shit any day now.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Saw my first Maui fire conspiracy theory video today. Can't link it here. Basically says that actions were taken that made things worse and that local relief efforts are being thwarted to make recovery more difficult drive out locals in favor of the tourist industry/corporations.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've heard this conspiracy all over the world where outside business wants local real estate in tourism areas. Every flood, fire, landslide, or problem of any kind. Had some old timers in the Dominican Republic swear a company was diverting water from a river to lower the lake levels and get people out... these same old timers irrigated their fields in a dry climate directly from this small terminal lake. It was definitely the growth of local agriculture that was lowering the lake level. And there was no company or factor on the river.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This video says that evacuation was impeded by local authorities, but I might have been mistaken. It was a little hard to follow.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Evacuation was impeded, because at the time the fire threat was somewhere else and they didn't want people moving into the threatened area. Then the fire moved at 80 mph directly into the town. The tsunami alarm didn't sound because the fear was people would retreat towards the fires since the alarm means "get away from the beach." In the retrospective, these things are being turned into a conspiracy rather than a tragedy that could be learned from.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If you say so. I'm sharing, not proselytizing.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm sharing information. It doesn't get as much attention as the conspiracies.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Yeah, because I've seen dozens of news reports and one conspiracy video while having looked for neither.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I saw one that blamed it on Chinese space lasers.

10. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Evidently, there are more people than we would like to admit, who would rather believe 1 conspiracy theory than a dozen actual news reports.

And I suspect these same people could not do the actual job, any better, assuming they ever did.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't even know how they started, much less the conspiracy reasons they started.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I firmly believe the Minnesota Twins used the HVAC system in the Metrodome to manipulate the 1987 World Series

13. CardinalVol

Yup. Braves can say the same thing about 91. It's not conspiracy.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

No the Braves lost because they sucked

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Someone turned on the heating system in our gym during an early season basketball game back in my sophomore year of high school against our biggest rival. It got hot in that gym before someone turned it off. Placing the thermostat right next to the student section probably wasn't the best idea. There was a local cop standing by the thermostat the next few games.

16. CardinalVol

I know coaches that would do that on purpose. They'd turn it up all week, practice in it, and then game night their guys would be used to it and the opposing team melted.

17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

We won both games, but I'm certain neither coach (boys or girls) were in on it. It's a distant memory, and I don't remember which one of us actually adjusted the thermostat. That being said, their gym was much nicer than our gym. It had AC.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, there you go. Early season, one team had nice AC in their gym and one didn't. Someone was thinking about it.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Michelle Obama actually being a trans women is a hilarious one floating around out there.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

How did I get so old without hearing about the moon being an alien spaceship?