The Section YY6 Postgame Report.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hatvol96, Oct 1, 2011.

1. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Actually I thought it was 56 not 55 that bit inside which would be Maggitt. My guess is that Maggitt had outside contain on that play and would have been responsible for the QB keeper. The other mistake was the safety crashing mindlessly into the box versus staying disciplined and keeping an eye out for back side support or for possible play action pass. With these compounded reactions to the fake, QB had a cake walk to TD.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The safety is the real issue. Keeping contain on mobile QBs who zone read is hard enough. Not having a safety that can clean up your mistakes is the real issue here. I believe it was Randolph, who, as ViDG points out, "mindlessly" wound up in the box somehow.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

This was the kind of play JJ cleaned up a lot. Really miss his presence, not just for the big play, but plays like that that maybe go unnoticed or at least get less appreciation.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I just watched the replay. Brian Randolph is the real issue on this play. Austin Johnson collapsed on the initial fake, but Randolph sold out and, thus, no one home.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Could you tell if it was 56 or 55 that crashed inside? I've got to admit, when the jersey's bunch up, I get 55 and 56 mixed up from time to time...

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

It was definitely J. Smith. He made an initial error, but that can happen. The egregious move was the safety issue.