The Stock Market Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by golfballs03, Oct 28, 2011.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

this guy is very interesting:

I've been buying long bonds for people recently

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’ve seen it speculated that there’s no pivot coming due to the declining demographics there’s no rebound coming from anywhere else in the world.

I think the rate of increase has almost came to an end but higher capital cost are here to stay

droski likes this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

warhammer and droski like this.
  4. NorrisAlan

Seriously, that looks like voodoo and a bunch of garbledegook to me. How do you finance people read that shit and make sense of it?

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

20 years of experience helps

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Berkshire Hathaway has $167 billion of cash on hand.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

What does this suggest?

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

There’s no good place for them to put their money and they’re stacking cash for what’s coming

justingroves, IP and CardinalVol like this.
  9. CardinalVol

See 53s reply.

10. NorrisAlan

That is a LOT of cash. It is kind of scary how a single entity could swing an entire economy if they threw that weight around (a la JP Morgan).

Much like the guy at the final table in a poker tournament with the big stack. Can just bully the table around.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not saying this is the case, but it is also possible that they are planning a big acquisition. Because they also have like 10 times that in assets still in.

12. CardinalVol

When they find something they like at a price they like, I have no doubt they will. They don't have neither right now.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah there’s just not many places to safely put money right now. Six stocks is the whole game right now and they’re way over bought.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Damn we just hit the point of having to create $2.50 of debt to generate a dollar of growth.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Unfortunately we need to raise taxes

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just have to undo the unfunded Trump tax cuts.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Can’t taper a Ponzi scheme though.

I don’t think raising taxes is going to close the gap of the economy being dependent on deficit spending and taking more and more deficit spending to get that high.

18. CardinalVol

Problem with raising taxes is for it to work we've got to at least freeze (preferably cut) spending. Otherwise we're just throwing more into the void.

We're addicted to MMT, and I'm far from convinced it's true.

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

We've needed to raise takes for 20 years. Also need to cut spending in conjunction with that. Each party pretends the solution is only one half of what's actually necessary.

SetVol13 likes this.
  20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It’s a Ponzi and a great gig as long as you own real assets and have connections close to those that run the money printers