The Stock Market Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by golfballs03, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yes, I'm sure a law that out laws a 2010 rig and not a 2011 rig is keeping a poisonous brown cloud from being over the state.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

in total, yes. It forces operators to be using progressively cleaner engines, which are the sort of rules that have improved air quality there. It's not some arbitrary year for no reason, as you are presenting it.

https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onrdiesel/documents/fsregsum.pdf

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Problem right now is actually getting new trucks.

Some regulations need to be loosened in the short run until we get everything back going to quasi-normal.

Of course, second issue is either automation or figuring out a way to get younger folks in the industry.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think there may be a middle ground

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is it. 96% of CA diesel engines are in compliance. This isn't a problem, but it is a viral facebook meme. So here we are.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

But all trucks operating in California have to be compliant to be on their roads so during a situation like this it isn’t easy to clear bottle necks.

they also reclassified independent trucking companies killing a lot of small guys when they went after gig workers

10SEvols likes this.
  8. chef65

chef65 Contributor

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  9. chef65

chef65 Contributor

All I can say is evil will prevail for as long as possible. Even when vast swaths of Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the US are uninhabitable the party will go on until it physically can’t. That’s why I’m confident in my investments in Tesla, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Berkshire Hathaway, Chevron, Royal Dutch Shell, Facebook, Google, QQQ, SPY, real estate funds, bond etfs, Amazon, Apple, McDonald’s, Nestle, Disney, Netflix, etc. The wealth is baked in and the system is rigged.

Don’t try to time the market, just set yourself up for the long term. Sure I’ve bought a few lottery ticket stocks but overall you need to go with the flow.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

A single share of this is like $400,000...

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He's just throwing out those subtle hints.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

just like pie. buy it by the slice

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

My bored ape NFT portfolio assures my financial solvency. They are appreciating at ∞ % per annum.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I was skeptical for a long time but I think it's time to admit I was wrong on bitcoin.

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Give it time. Crypto may be a future currency, but it won't be on one that requires so much energy to compute.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think the energy aspect is over played and I know with bitcoin it has to go to places with cheap energy.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

How is it overplayed?

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Most crypto is moving to proof of stake over proof of work. Bitcoin isn't yet, but a lot are.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well good.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Mining isn't profitable in areas with high energy prices. mining is helping areas with abundant energy that is cut off due to location or lack of infrastructure to move the energy.

There's a lot of energy escape in gas wells, land fills and tons of other things and this gives an incentive to capture more of our wasted energy, and bitcoin lets you transfer that energy capture anywhere in the world that has internet access with no power lines or pipelines