The Sunshine Pumping Josh Heupel Positives Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 27, 2021.

1. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

On my back from having a burger on the UCF campus.

B6A57597-FE2F-4AC9-B950-C75822C60115.jpeg

warhammer and Lexvol like this.
  2. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I’ll be here eating crow with ya brother. But I don’t think we have anything to worry about.

Savage Orange likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Get well soon.

Lexvol, A-Smith and hohenfelsvol like this.
  4. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Do you like cornbread?

5. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Sweet Jeep!

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  6. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

You don’t leave a job where you were getting progressively worse for a more difficult job and all of a sudden start getting better.

7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Nobody stays on top of the meat grinder that is the AAC for long

Memtownvol, gcbvol, cpninja and 3 others like this.
  8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Big orange T tire cover. Folks on campus don’t give two shits Heupel left.

9. Savage Orange

Folks in Knoxville shouldn’t give any that he arrived here...

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

If people want to complain about Heupel's recruiting, Frost only signed 1-2 four stars while there. UCF has only once signed a class better than 60th since 2012.

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Since when?

12. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Got a buddy at work that is a UCF grad. He didn’t give a [uck fay] that we grabbed him. Seriously, no [uck fay]s given.

13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

That's what we thought about Pruitt

utvol0427, gcbvol and HCKevinSteele like this.
  14. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I said that at the time. I was happy on here about the Leach possibility. I knew that at the very least we'd be fun and entertaining with the pirate at the helm and he would tear this Knoxville media a new asshole.

TangoUniform and reVOLt like this.
  15. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I don't honestly know what to think. Statistically he improved UCF's offense every year, but that offense got squelched by good teams (Cinci, BYU) so it's not worth much. His defenses were atrocious, but that might be fixed by a decent defensive staff.

There were hires from low-level teams that went to mid-level P5 teams that I thought would work out well. Larry Fedora and Justin Fuente come to mind. They were utter failures. Willy Taggart had a great record and showed improvement at WKU and South Florida. He took over a 4-8 Oregon team and in his first and only year had them at 7-5. He went to FSU, his stomping grounds, and had a relatively weak ACC ahead of him and a down Florida/Miami program. I thought it was a great hire. It... was not.

Mario Cristobal, who took over for him, had a 27-47 record and has Oregon at 25-10 now.

Hell, Chip Kelly built Oregon into what is was and then did great in the NFL. He went to UCLA, nestled in one of the best recruiting locations and with one of the best campuses in the world and has been an utter failure.

So honestly I don't know what to think about this. With pending NCAA sanctions, Heupel might very well have been the best we could do. Campbell, Fickell and other big-name commodities aren't going to latch their brands to this almost completely sunken ship.

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

here to lurk likes this.
  17. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I've read a lot of takes from UCF fans, and they're reading like people who think that since they had Frost, 10-win seasons are the bare minimum requirement.

lylsmorr likes this.
  18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Heupel should be well prepared for UT fans then.

19. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I know folks want to see the best in this hire, lemonade and such, so I'm not going to shit on it in here. I'll just advise not to ignore your gut instinct because it's more often accurate than not. We are left hoping our instincts are wrong and we finally get lucky yet again.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    TangoUniform likes this.
  20. Savage Orange