The Sunshine Pumping Josh Heupel Positives Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 27, 2021.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My son didn't believe I could dunk either, so as I've gotten back into better shape over the last year or so it's my goal to do it again. I can dunk at 9.5 right now, but get blocked by the rim at 10.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That's all she heard and said "no".

3. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

If the rankings are to be taken seriously, I’ll give Heupel credit (deservedly or not) for holding together a top 20 class, even if the bulk of that was EE’s.... he still managed to hold on to them.

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Aren’t there two in our count that we’ll still likely lose?

Im surprised by the numbers but how many were signed? I’m guessing that saved us.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I could get the little things the net hangs on. One time I got my first knuckle over the rim. I’m about 5’8. Now I can probably barely touch the net

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

i will post if if my mom still has it, but had a great pic in the paper of me trying to dunk over Ronald Davis of Bartlett in 1987. He ended up playing wr for TN and a little in the NFL. Of course i didn't make it, but looked awesome and picked up a Bartlett cheerleader girlfriend from it. The main issue is I continued to play basically 5 days a week, mostly on concrete, until I was in my 30's. Should have stopped after college. I didn't foresee the issues I have today from pounding my knees for so many years. I just love the game though and every injury..2 acls which led to a total, 1 patellar tendon rupture, 1 achilles rupture, multiple broken fingers..is from playing. I just kept coming back and couldn't stop.

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS likes this.
  7. JohnnyQuickkick

I used to play a lot while in college and continued to play with college kids at church, and the fact the college kids stayed the same age over the years is what made me realize I was getting old. Now nothing makes me feel older than trying to play basketball. I don’t even have shoes any more. Last time I played I was wearing a pair of brown Clarks.

8. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

Were you still in the Memphis area when they built the courts at the Mt. Moriah precinct? Spent many a days up there playing pickup games.

9. Ssmiff

Mainly played at Fox Meadows, Country Squire and Balmoral by my house. Balmoral was something else. Full court 9-9.5 foot and 40-50 players waiting on sat and sundays in mid 80s. Saw some gruesome injuries, fights and a couple guns pulled.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

When or if Brown and Brooks get out of their LOIs the class will move from 16th to 20th on 24/7

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don't see how Brooks is in this class. He's gone scorched earth on the Vols. Brown, maybe.

12. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I quit playing any form of basketball at about 35 because I could sense the damage it was doing and was going to do. Don't miss the injuries, my knees, hips and back are all in good shape no surgeries. I manage a partially torn meniscus from playing around in the driveway with my daughter. I have a couple of crooked fingers. I'm 58, 6'2 220, stay in shape walking, swimming, stretching and push ups and pull ups and weight lifting a couple times a week and good diet habits. No dad bod for me. Takes some work and discipline but it's worth it to me.

Ssmiff likes this.
  13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I could dunk a tennis ball. Would have been able to dunk a basketball in my younger days if I had bigger hands. Couldn't control the damn thing on the way up.

14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Maybe he can save Brown but yeah that’s not encouraging. At least LOI releases free up initial counter spots, so I suppose in that sense they’re better than transfers.

15. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Positive - we're gonna kick the shit out of people at dogdgeball.

utvol0427, Memtownvol and Volgrad98 like this.
  16. JohnnyQuickkick

I bet Guarantano would’ve been great at dodgeball. Throwing it at the other guys was one of his biggest strengths

17. Ssmiff

Man I like that stuff

A-Smith likes this.
  18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Ssmiff is our fanbase barometer. Pay attention to his reactions, guys.

TennTradition, InVolNerable and IP like this.
  19. Ssmiff

Pssh. Just like to see players and coaches laughing and enjoying themselves after all the shit the last few months. Having fun for a change vs it all being about business

utvol0427 and A-Smith like this.
  20. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I agree after this year of all years. VQ guys have referred to the players not being able to do things as a team (to prevent outbreaks), and players voiced that concern to the AD. Not sure how much of that is actually Pruitt's fault, but I'm glad these guys are having fun again.

A-Smith likes this.