The VN Faildozer Tourney selection announcement thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by WM, Aug 30, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

College softball is a guilty pleasure of mine. Ironic considering how much I loathe college women's basketball.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Me too, but maybe do it during the regular season? It would be a good excuse to have a little 8th get-together too.

3. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

I don't know what you guys are talking about as far as helping kids, but I'm in.

4. JayVols

Can't remember her name, but Texas had a catcher when Osterman was there that was beautiful. That's not typical but we're used to searching for diamonds in the rough at UT.

5. JayVols

We bought tickets for underprivileged kids to attend the NIT last year. Indy tried to get VN involved so we could give more kids that opportunity. He was rewarded with a permaban for his efforts because he dared to mention 8th Maxim. That explains only one reason many here have animosity towards that place.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The compliance office has to okay it. The biggest issue is the NCAA's archaic rules as to who is a "prospect" and what qualifies as "impermissible benefits".

7. JayVols

Stupid, but I wouldn't want a sab cease and desist order from compliance.

8. limpleg

limpleg He gone. No, really.

Gotcha. I'm in.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

A day that lives on in infamy.

I'd be glad to join the second match as well, making it a handicap match against bassman.

10. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I feel like boxing is kind of missing the boat on tag-team/Texas tornado title fights.

Apparently I made up Texas tornado. How about Mexican standoff?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  11. JayVols

I vote a Lumberjack match. You know, get the whole board involved.

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I know its a VN tourney but thought a special exemption could be made for SOJ to make the field.

13. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

I think they're taking all comers. Feelslike98 is a wellspring of talent, imo.

14. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

I Just looked at VN,,,,wow! Butch hasn't coached let alone won a game yet but VN is got him as the next coming of Christ!!
    I'm glad I was banned!

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Wow. The stupids are really emboldened on toos today. There is really too much material to even begin to post. Lots of praise being heaped on Dave Hart. Props to hohensfelvol for being "all in" over there.

16. No doubt. After the Hurd commitment there's a lot of BOOM's and VFL's followed by exclamation points on the main FB forum. I literally can't believe it took me this long to find this site. Around the time everything went down I had all but stopped reading VN because the sheep were so unbearable leading up to the 2011 season that I almost couldn't stand it, and it would only get worse over the next 14 months. By the time I came back around the second week of FB season, tons of longtime posters were nowhere to be found and it was as if they never existed, LOL. I still read and post a good bit in the off-topic forums, but I almost avoid the FB forum like the plague. Jones may turn out to be a good coach, but the hype they throw on Jones is EXACTLY the same bs they were all spewing about Dooley for 3 years, the only difference is the names are changed. This site is awesome, it's a lot like VN circa 07-08, back in it's heyday.

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I need an enemy. Somebody bring back robvols.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Reserved for Tar Volon.

On a lighter note, I have a new nominee:

Volmaster14 to Vollygirl:

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Welcome aboard. I check in over there when there's some news. Basketball forum is tolerable. But I post much, much more over here now.

20. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

sup man