Third Saturday in October

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Oct 8, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

If a Tennessee player did this it would be an ESPN ticker story for a week.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah still using chrome.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Also it looks like another Alabama player shoves someone down right at the very end of that video in the bottom left corner. A guy in orange goes sprawling and you can see the player with a Bama Staffer/Coach stepping in.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Gonna be honest, and I haven't seen the video quoted yet, but in that kind of situation, I cannot see how that stuff doesn't happen. Especially if the opposing team feels like they are being threatened at all. I just hope everyone made it home safe and sound after Saturday and nothing too bad happens to anyone involved, unless very much warranted.

utvol0427 likes this.
  5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yeah, I can only imagine what our fans were saying/doing to those guys as they were trying to get off the field. Stuff like this is 100% why the conference doesn't want fans rushing the field/court. Drunk people plus mad/upset players all in an emotionally charged environment is a recipe for problems.

That said, still doesn't justify putting their hands on women.

Volokie and Memtownvol like this.
  6. NorrisAlan

I never really knew just how FAR out our WRs play. They are practically on the sidelines, and then we shift to a stack before the snap. It is [uck fay]ing with DBs like crazy.

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I saw some of Hooker’s draft analysis saying nothing he does in college will translate to the NFL, because the NFL’s narrow hashes prevent super wide splits. I’m not totally clear on why that is. I get that you maybe don’t have a quick screen to a boundary-side receiver, but the field is the same width, and NFL QBs can get the ball to the sideline in a hurry. At any rate, sure works great here.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Think a lot of nfl teams also run the same stuff. Same route combos. Nothing like Heup runs which is helped by qb threat to run. Hooker wouldn’t last long in the nfl running like he does. Another reason I love the college game.

9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I understand that no one does, I’m just not sure why they can’t. Maybe defenses are too fast to meaningfully spread in that way? But the offenses are fast too…

10. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Not a chance I would say a word to any of those guys. I was on the field and was next to some high school recruits and they were mammoths - and that’s before college s&c.

11. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Bottom right? That’s the only one I saw but can’t see who shoved him he just goes flying in. Watching it on phone so not sure if it got cropped.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Dobbs had that uncanny ability to mostly avoid the big shot. Hendon, bless his heart, doesn’t seem to

utvol0427 likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

At times it looks like he’s running in Casey Clausens cleats

utvol0427 likes this.
  14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

DW would have tweeted, retweeted, and threetweeted the video by Sunday evening.

A-Smith likes this.
  15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yes. Right, not left. I'm a dumbass.

16. NorrisAlan

Something we can all agree on!

utvol0427 likes this.
  17. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

And then that blind hog came through on that acorn. Days late, but whatever.

IP likes this.
  18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'll give a player the benefit of a doubt if fans are in the players face, which I sure there was some, but at least with the video of the girl he went out of his way to reach out to her and shove her. [uck fay] that.

IP and justingroves like this.
  19. Wolken didn't write it. He's just towing the company line and tweeting the article out to get clicks.

InVolNerable likes this.
  20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod