Third Saturday in October

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Oct 8, 2022.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Of course he was implying it.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If it were true he wouldn't hesitate to share that and Burton probably wouldn't have been required to go into a "program."

3. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

It’s either that or he’s claiming one of the other 4 fans he pushed or threw prior to that girl did something to him or said it.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The comments...

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Since I can't seem to make the link work, here's a sample.
    Screenshot_20221024-021712.png Screenshot_20221024-021741.png

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If she doesn't want to press charges, then that is that. What shocks me is the lack of media pressure. If a UT player did that, it would be talk show fodder for days, and if Heupel did nothing, there would be demands for his firing from everyone across the USA.

But if she seemingly is not concerned enough to be bothered to do anything about it, I guess that is all there is to it.

Memtownvol, A-Smith and justingroves like this.
  7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Are Clemson opponents in fear every home game as Clemson fans rush the field?

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was a shitty thing of Burton to do but the denials and lack of attention make it worse, in my opinion.

Memtownvol likes this.
  9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

If he was scared, why was he strolling off the field like an elderly person walking through the park on a Sunday afternoon?

A-Smith likes this.
  10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Which brings me back to my original point, that there is definitely reason that the average fan, without information that you've obtained and that isn't readily available to 99% of the fan base, should have at least been concerned about McCoy yet barely a word was said about it while simultaneously losing their shit over Burton. Being outraged about one but voicing no concern over the other is funny.

Whatever the situation is with him, I hope he's got his shit sorted out because he has the ability to make money on Sundays once he's done here.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I just hope he doesn't assault anymore women, particularly when cameras aren't rolling.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

As long as he has on a crimson shirt, there is no problem.

Memtownvol and zehr27 like this.
  13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Ubben’s weekly SEC roundup listed Saban’s comments on the situation as the headliner in the “Worst Defense of the Week” section.

A-Smith likes this.
  15. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Hypocrisy at its finest. Had the situation been reversed and it had been a Tennessee player (or any player from an opposing team) that hit a Bama coed, the bammers would be beside themselves.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I'm not 100% down on Saban because he's got to defend his guy, but he could've done it with a little bit more acknowledgement of the wrongness of the act. That fan base is full of dumbass lemmings. They'd go along with whatever chastisement he'd give the kid.

17. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Take a moment to appreciate the stupidity of the average Facebook commenter. Then combine that with the stupidity of the average Alabama fan. That intersection is a group that I wouldn’t trust to dress themselves every morning.

InVolNerable and justingroves like this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I bet I could make millions off Bama NFTs. Or a Tide coin.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It annoys me that people are just letting this go when I know they would be beating us into the ground if it was us.

I couldn't really see shit on the video (maybe there are better quality options out there?). Based on what I could see, it honestly didn't seem like that big of a deal to me. Saying that he "hit" her seems like an assumption at best. It looked like he just sort of "get out of my face" pushed her out of the way via her face, which is also inappropriate, but far less so than if he actually took a swing at her, which the word "hit" typically implies.

The stuff about the dude being afraid is embarrassing, though. Just a really stupid defense. Say the kid made a mistake after being thrust into an environment that he never should have had to deal with in the first place.

She shouldn't have been on the field. She probably said some stuff to him that wasn't appropriate. I don't want to turn this into a "she was asking for it" situation, but I also have less sympathy for someone who puts herself directly in the path of something like this and then expects sympathy when it runs into her (I know she's not asking for sympathy, but some people appear to be seeking it on her behalf).

He appeared to react in a not okay way, but also didn't look like he took a swing at her or anything. Suspend him for a half and move on.

20. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Lol