Third Saturday in October

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Oct 8, 2022.

1. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You're a troll.

3. KyleAlexanderfan

saying she probably said something that wasn’t appropriate to him is trolling.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

She jumped right in front of him with her phone directly in his face. I'm to believe that happened without any accompanying words? Were you born yesterday?

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And nobody should twist this into me defending what he did. I'm not. I think a half or full game suspension would have been totally justified.

But I do think people are showing their agenda when they say with confidence that he "struck" or "hit" her. I think you could just as easily make a case that he was trying to push her phone out of his face.

6. KyleAlexanderfan

Idiot. There are multiple fans that had issue with this guy. The video of him slapping a phone out of someone’s hand isn’t her. That was a guy that ran into him on the sideline.

warhammer and IP like this.
  7. KyleAlexanderfan

Video of him hitting another fan on the sideline who has their phone out:

Video of the girl in the endzone with no phone out and her hands are to her side:

8. KyleAlexanderfan

And here’s a longer video showing him shoving upwards of 5 fans. Including either throwing another girl down or throwing her phone right before he smacks the last girl in the head. The last girl didn’t say shit to him. She was running and dodging him, never engaged him. No phone out.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2022
    VOLinDAWGland and IP like this.
  9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Girl runs past him to celebrate on the field, after she is past he goes out of his way to hit her. There is no defense, so if you are trying to excuse it just stop. Guy was mad that he lost and took it out, physically, on multiple people.

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Ok Saban

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

What is this jumble of sentences? Your position is that people wouldn't let it go if it were us, but also that it isn't a big deal, and then conflate two different incidents/people as the same while repeating the talking points made when "letting it go." You're saying worse than nothing. You're saying two opposite things at the same time while also saying things that are not accurate. Wow!

Poppa T and utvol0427 like this.
  12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I'm going to start calling him Chidi Anagonye.

SetVol13 and utvol0427 like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Provide any support that she "probably" said or did something that instigated his action. Because that looked like a trollish remark.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

One side is making it out to be a bigger deal than it is. The other side is saying it's "nothing," which also isn't true.

Suspend the kid for a half or a full game, and move on.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Didn't try to excuse it. Said suspend him for half or full game. We've entered the cycle again.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I haven't seen anyone asking for more than a suspension, specifically, from Alabama. You have created a false "both sides" dichotomy. Which, to be fair, is something we have been trained to do reflexively to appear "reasonable." But what if one position IS reasonable? Then the middle ground would be less reasonable. And here we are.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

People on the "us" side are using words like "strike" and "hit" to describe what he did. That first video bassman posted includes the word "punch."

I've watched the video way more times now than I ever cared to, and the best description for what he did was "push." It was not okay for him to push her the way that he did. But people using "strike," "punch," and "hit" are trying to turn this into something bigger than it was. If a college football player strikes a female opposing fan, he deserves more than a suspension. But that's not what this kid did, which is why people aren't calling for more than a suspension.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Word games! I think the word strike is appropriate. Definitely the word assault is. It probably wasn't a punch, if we are getting out the dictionary. In any case, he went out of his way to make violent nonconsensual contact with a passerby. That's a fact. Dress it up how you want to pretend to be more reasonable. No one (NO ONE) is going to buy it. This is actually nice. Your bullshit is totally exposed to even a casual browser on this one.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Me reading Indy’s posts

Poppa T likes this.
  20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm willing to revise "probably" to "possibly."

Saban, as ridiculous as his comments about the kid being "afraid" were, also stated that we don't know the whole story. Believe him or don't. I don't care. But that comment supports the statement that she might have said something.

In the longer video bass posted, 2 other people crossed this exact same player's path/bumped into him within 5 seconds of him extending his arm at this woman. I don't see him raise a finger at either of them. Doesn't that at least suggest that something was possibly different with this one?