This tweet has me worried

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Apr 4, 2023.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

it’s obvious Teddy KGB sold the debt to Grama.

Volgrad98 likes this.
  2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I agree it feels unfair but everyone in the AD is eager to put this behind them and move on.

Edit: I should add I don’t have any inside information on this. Just what I’ve gathered from reading the reporting.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

8 million feels like a shakedown just because they can. Probably calculated the exact amount they could get away with where it wouldn't be worth it to fight them.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

What kind of fine did LSU get for Wade's "strong ass offer"?

5. Ssmiff

their rationale was what missing a bowl game would cost us.

A-Smith likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

-do we or will we know player names?
    -have any of these prospects or players who received benefits played for Heup?

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Oh I guess that makes more sense.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Look at it this way - it's the cost of hitting the reset button for 20 years of sheer incompetence of the AD and in some ways the university as a whole.

justingroves likes this.
  9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Not just what we’d lose in a bowl ban but what the entire league would lose in a bowl ban since all revenue is shared. That’s why I think Sankey was there on our behalf.

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I get the rationale for just moving on and I realize these things will not really impede the program at this point, but on principle I think this needs to be challenged. And I know y'all will think I am an idiot, but specifically the ban on purchasing advertising during a bowl. That is absurd. They have no right to limit a University's speech.

warhammer and Memtownvol like this.
  11. Ssmiff

we can write that check from liquor sales at one home game

justingroves likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

Probation concerns me. We are already at one or two strikes so one asst coach doing something minor could affect Heup and co. Other schools aren’t worried about the same thing and can be more “aggressive” so to speak.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

The idea Pruitt could down in the books 0-35 is funny.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Reminder - none of this happens if John Currie actually did his job instead of taking the next coach Sexton offered him.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

What’s ol Volspix got to say about all this

16. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

This this this

And while it may not be a legal argument, if I were AD I’d have spies and PI’s digging shit up to point out the absurdity of Tennessee being punished for Pruitt’s misdeeds when he was simply cloning the PrOceSs he learned from Saban and Smart. Hell there is confirmed public record of greater illicit benefits in Tuscaloosa than what occurred here. Again I say, tell ‘em to f**k off.

17. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Yep, even in NIL world this still matters.

18. From a financial standpoint, we got rid of a bad coach who had a $12,000,000 buyout for a fine of $8,000,000 plus legal fees. I don't know what the total legal bill is, but I doubt it's $4,000,000.

tvolsfan and IP like this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's a good point.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It all seems a bit excessive for me.