Trump is in

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I did.
    Im trying to understand what he is actually saying.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He's right that the govt did force the banks to lend money to people they normally didn't. What he doesn't realize is that it was the collatorizarion of those loans that made it feasible to do so and the banks took what the govt wanted and did it many times over the requirement and that that market did just fine for over a decade. You will never get me to understand why loaning someone money is a bad thing.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't give a shit how a private business/ bank loans money but the government shouldn't remove moral hazard by picking up the tab at the end.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Completely agree. We don't need the mortgage pools to be insured by the govt for them to be viable. That was proven amply in the mid 2000s. Unfortunately the govt has increased restrictions to the point where they are currently most of the market.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Well, I loaned money to a girl back in college. You shouldn't do that. It was a bad thing, for me.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

You're acting like it's the choice of the older generations to keep pissing money imto our government.

Ill ignore the silliness of the rental comment.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

8 bucks a lunch would be a godsend in la. I'm trying to remember when $10 for a sandwich and potato salad became acceptable. I once calculated I'd conservatively save around $2k a year bringing my lunch. But I have to get out of the office. Eating at my desk screws with me.

10. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

D.C.'s American City Diner serving up a new menu item called the "Trump Sandwich"

[​IMG]

You can't make this stuff up

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Hate eating at the desk. We usually eat at a table at work. It's not as good as getting out, but it beats the desk. My last job great when I was in town. It was four miles from home with little traffic. I'd eat with the wife most days.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Is the sandwich full of bologna or ham? Either way it works.

14. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

bologna

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Is the argument that he's full of it?

The Obama sandwich must be expensive.

16. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Yep.

Check w/ the folks in Miami's Little Havana

17. kmf600