We're Back

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 31, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

And looking at the season records, maybe [ddiapos] really was the worst of them. Damn. Never did shit.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The reason we hate Butch far more is not because he was worse than Dooley. It is because he tried to normalize being a hit better than Dooley as good and the program he “built” as something successful that should be celebrated.

3. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

I still hate Dooley more.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I still hate Dooley more.

5. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

[uck fay] that, butch tried to sell us that a 9 win season was the best Tennessee was ever going to be going forward and we should be grateful for his services. That's just one of many reasons why butch lyle vagina jones is the worst in my book.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I hate frauds more than incompetence, hence my hatred for Butch outweighs Dooley. It was only magnified 1000 times by the 2018 cigar smoking pictures.

However, I will readily grant Dooley was, by far, a worse head coach.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Jones without Dobbs would have been a 4-8 coach, year in and year out. And he was (and is) a fraud and a thin skinned man baby with delusions that he is actually somebody.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Butch’s overall record is mostly inflated for following Kelly but he did get Dobbs and a fair bit of talent in that he proceeded to waste but at least he tried, I guess. That’s what kills me with Dooley. Guy tried to quit then mailed it in

justingroves likes this.
  9. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I don’t necessarily believe he has delusions that he is somebody. I think through a lot of BS and luck he ended up way above where he ever belonged and now he has no choice to play it the way he is after getting a taste of the big money. But deep down he knows he’s a fraud.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

The King Solomon answer.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Dooley was a worse head coach in that he was such a terrible personality that he couldn't keep good help. I still think I would take Dooley over Lyle Allen for football IQ. It's not a slam dunk, but I think he is probably more knowledgeable.

Memtownvol and Tar Volon like this.
  12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Part of this rests on bammer Dave not firing him, but yeah, what a joke.

13. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

I hate Butch less because it’s hard for me to hate a really dumb person for being dumb. It is what it is. Me hating them isn’t going to change that.

Dooley is number one because he was a smart guy and actually had the capability to succeed, but was too big of an asshole and quitter to succeed. I hate people like that way more.

JohnnyQuickkick likes this.
  14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I hate Dooley less than Butch for a number of reasons, but one is Dooley, at least, knew he was in over his head and tried to leave after year 2. Our dumbass AD made him stay. Butch tries to piss on my head and tell me it's raining, plus would've been here forever, if he could, telling everyone how great he was.

Memtownvol, IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You aren't going to find many former players speaking highly of Dooley but there's a lot of former players that want Butch to die.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Jaylen Wright with a cryptic tweet about “it’s business..”

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Well, that’s less than ideal if it’s alluding to him leaving.

18. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Better NIL offer?

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I bet he wants more carries, but that really isn't the smartest thing for a college RB to want so long as they are getting enough chances to showcase their skills.

Memtownvol, Tar Volon and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

Literally I'm 50 years old and he's my least favorite coach of any team I've ever followed. At least Wade Houston was a nice guy.