When did you know Dooley was not and could not be the guy?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Oct 8, 2012.

1. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Would be awesome

2. SpringBokVol

SpringBokVol New Member

I still like Dooley. The Florida loss this year started to turn me a bit. I am still pro-Dooley though.

A loss this weekend could flip me.

My biggest issue is that I am not sure I like what the next 3 years looks like if Dooley stays. That's a problem. Not really sure they look all that great no matter who is the coach.

I am tired of being sub-par. I know that.

I want Dooley to succeed. I wanted Kiffin to succeed. I want whoever is the coach at UT to succeed.

But looking back - I still would rather have Kiffin here than Dooley. That about sums it up.

3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

The thing that I started looking at is that a great coach can make good players better.

4. SpringBokVol

SpringBokVol New Member

Or at the very least put them in a position to excel. Leverage their talent and advantages against your opponent.

We don't seem to do that.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I get that you like him, and I respect that.

Question is - and apologies if you have already answered this - do you think Dooley can win an SEC Championship at Tennessee?

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The introduction of the orange dog, oh and when all of his assisstants quit on him for lateral at best jobs. That says it all.

7. SpringBokVol

SpringBokVol New Member

Yes, I do. I have absolutely no proof to back that opinion up. But I feel that he can. I think that within the terms of his contract, so 6 years, he can win the east at least once and play for the SEC championship.

If I were to guess it would be 2014.

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I must have missed a big news conference. What league are Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina leaving the SEC to join?

9. SpringBokVol

SpringBokVol New Member

A question for those against Dooley (not wanting to start a war here - just interested in thinking):

If UT were guaranteed a 10 win season and a top 5 match up in the SEC Championship game in 2014, but it meant keeping Dooley as the head coach - would you be in favor or still against?

10. SpringBokVol

SpringBokVol New Member

I don't believe I said they were.

11. hatvol96

Against. I wouldn't want Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina to suffer through the Marshallesque tragedies necessary for that to happen.

12. hatvol96

Then a trip to the neurologist might be in order, Spring.

13. SpringBokVol

SpringBokVol New Member

Not sure it's as far off as you think.

I don't disagree.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

What do you think is happening in 2 years that isn't happening now and why?

15. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Name me a player that has gotten remarkably better under Dooley. Better yet, lets create 2 lists, the first list is of players that have gotten better and the second list is of players who haven't gotten better or even regressed.

16. hatvol96

Why? Have you sabotaged their planes? Otherwise, a team that gives up 70 yard runs on simple toss plays isn't winning shit in two years.

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Boy did I get a hearty chuckle out of that Marshall quip.

18. hatvol96

Didn't you know? That's the only situation in college football history comparable to what Dooley inherited.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Dooley will never finish better than 3rd in the east. Thats a fact.

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Its time for Tennessee to start winning. If thats Dooley (and that better get started Saturday) Gruden, Strong, TSUs QB coach, Farmer Fran at SCLSU Hatvol, JT5, Spingbokvol, OV or me its time.