Who we gunna git? Part 4

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Jan 18, 2021.

1. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

he was OC at Missouri.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  2. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

This guy didn’t talk to anyone, this was his plan the whole time!!

Sent from Not in my Home State using the new old Atari

3. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

With Orange pants, it Mizzou, they have been SEC a min now!! Nope

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wonder that too. And if so, that is a tar-and-feathering worthy grift.

Memtownvol, HCKevinSteele and reVOLt like this.
  5. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

I say some crazy stuff but this Carpetbagger takes the cake!!

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

My man.

I think we need to bring it back

7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

8. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Lol. Put on a little Crosby Stills and Nash and let it ride. “There’s a girl right next to you and she’s waiting for something to do”

9. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

I guess Pruitt has somebody to sell his smocks too.

dknash likes this.
  10. juicemane

juicemane Member

Oh please. No one wanted the job because it’s a dog shit job right now. It’s as simple as that.

A-Smith, hohenfelsvol and Lexvol like this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Then we weren't offering 8 million a year. And if we weren't, go look up coach salaries at top 10 schools. Top 25 schools.

12. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I just don’t believe this. If you’re serious about winning pay the premium required in this situation and roll.

reVOLt likes this.
  13. Savage Orange

Worked for Bama. They identified their guy and wouldn’t let up until he said yes.

reVOLt likes this.
  14. juicemane

juicemane Member

By several accounts, we were offering that and still couldn’t get a bite. Believe what you want but the perception most Tennessee fans have of this program is very far removed from reality.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Most all these guys make good money. It’s not 1983. A guy making 4/5M isn’t gonna jump into this situation. All the guys we wanted are in a position to be picky.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lexvol liked your post, so I am going to keep going because no one needs to be liking this knee-jerk no-analysis bullshit talk. Last year, Kentucky paid Mark Stoops over 5 million. Mississippi State paid Mike Leach 5 million. South Carolina paid 4.37 million. Elia Drinkowitz at Missouri was brought in at 3.9 million. Derek Mason at Vandy was paid 3.5 million.

James Franklin made 6.7 million last year. Pat Fitzgerald made 5.2 million this past year. Purdue and Nebraska paid their coaches 4.8 million. Ferentz at Iowa made 4.7 million.

If we are spending 4 million on a coach, AGAIN, we are not competing. We aren't. That has nothing to do with the job, that has everything to do with the [uck fay]ing market. The industry. We are not PAYING the cost of top coaching. AGAIN. We've done this with Dooley, Jones, and Pruitt too. And the worst [uck fay]ing part is that we will give out raises for the most nominal improvements once they get here, that would have for the same price opened us up to better hires.

17. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

It all comes down to the contract we give this Batman clown. If it looks like he’s a placeholder with upside if he does well. Well, I guess I’ll live with that.
    If we sign him for all eternity with a bajillion $ buyout. I’m done.

18. Savage Orange

I don’t know what’s so hard to understand about this.

19. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Im saying reset the market if you have to. Any number of people here on this board, and I’m serious about this, could have made a far better hire assuming they had the money backing them. Napier wants an army of analysts and 100% control? You got it pal. Kiffin wants 8m and to pay each coordinator 2m? Ain’t no thing.

20. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I’m taking this opportunity to say I told you so. I told you all so. There, I said it. Shouldn’t have fired Pruitt after watching auburns search play out. Nobody worth 8M a year would come here to wade and eat through the diarrhea that this job comes with

A-Smith likes this.