Will Cuonzo Get Fired If He Misses the Tourney?

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by kidbourbon, Jan 27, 2014.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I thought you tried to single out a problem. That's the least of them.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The college dropout was good. It's been downhill ever since

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I really liked My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy as well, but not because of his lyrical ability.

4. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I haven't listened to rap in years but in my day, Nas was the best. Does he still rap or did he quit after announcing hip hop is dead?

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

FTR, he's not choice #1, but I could live with the Tyndall hire. He's not in my dream list, but he's #1 on my realistic list.

6. kidbourbon

He still raps. Nas is a good rapper who, for whatever reason, has put out fewer great songs than many inferior rappers. He needs a better producer or something.

Hip hop is dead is a great song,though. As is the "I know I can" song that greatly mischaracterizes a large swath of history but at least sounds good in the process. I also really like "the message". "A glass of 'ze makes a man cassius clay"

7. kidbourbon

Did y'all know Nas was banging Amy Winehouse and the song Mr. Jones is about him? (his name is Nasir Jones)

8. kidbourbon

Are you saying you don't think we can land Rick Pitino?

9. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I spent about 30 seconds trying to come up with the Nas/Amy Winehouse connection with the Counting Crows.

10. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

If we lose tonight, it'll be time for me to create the basketball version of my "when Fulmer is fired, ten people to call" list.

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

That would be interesting win or lose.

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I think it's more "when" than "if" unless we do something crazy like shoot 50+% from 3.

13. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I listened to Basilio today and what's with Todd from Michigan? I don't know a lot about the callers, is he a regular? That guy is full of shit about Cuonzo just needing a little help from Dave Hart.

14. CardinalVol

To land him we'd have to try. We'd never even have the chance to be rejected.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Tonight seems an odd tipping point. The results suck, but the actual play is otherworldly poor.

16. hatvol96

He's like most people from Michigan who move here. They come here and want to tell us how great they did things there. If things are so awesome there, why the hell did they come here? They never have an answer for that question.

17. hatvol96

They lose any of the next four and the path to the NCAA Tournament becomes so narrow I can't imagine this team can stay on it. That's the reason for my statement.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Got it. Even if they stumble in backwards, Fulmer style, the coaching is rough.

19. CardinalVol

One thing that has stuck out to me like a sore thumb more and more, above everything else, is that as high-character as we're continually told Cuonzo is (and he genuinely does seem like a great guy), this team is as mentally-weak as they come. Can't help but get the impression of where that mindset starts.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

probably not even Jr