worley isn't the answer

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 29, 2011.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

That's all.

*sighs*

2. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Not this year.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm afraid that we are still trying to figure the question out at this point. We looked really bad tonight. Losing sucks. Hoping for a brighter future.

4. I'm starting think Dooley isn't the answer either.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This coaching staff has been grasping for straws since the second hunter went down. Its just gotten worse and worse.

Im legitimately concerned this team wont win a conference game right now.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Concerned about Vandy. Not terribly worried about Kentucky.

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Worley shouldn't have been asked to win them the game. He did enough things to where it should have been close. The Rogers drop was costly. Waggner not making it into the endzone was ballgame.

8. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

a DB not making it into the endzone was ballgame. We couldn't gain 3 yards to score a TD. That's terrible

9. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

He doesn't appear to be but damn did Simms eyeballs his receivers worse than anyone I've ever seen. So the million dollar question is who's worse the less?

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

What did you expect?

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Staff doesn't know the answers. Can't figure out who to play. Look at Teague. How the hell do you go from #1 corner to not in the two-deep in one week? Either the freshmen made a superhuman leap forward in one week or the position coach doesn't have a clue. Also look at the BS trying to figure out what to do with Stone/Bullard/Jackson. Then even the way they managed Simms and Worley has been fairly ridiculous. Why bring Worley in to hand it off five times? Why go for a meaningless fourth and not at least let the guy pass? Why bring Simms back in when the game was already out of hand? Why not let Worley try to get some hurry-up experience?

12. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I've said it for over a year, but our playcalling is atrocious. Chaney rivals randy sanders as one of the worst gameday gameplan and halftime adjustment offensive coordinators I have seen at UT in over 25 years.

13. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Also on the defensive side of the ball, we have issues lining up properly just about every single play. When are we going to stop using the youth excuse for this? I put the blame on the coaching and I really don't think they have a clue what's going on, so why should I expect our players to? Lastly, we are the worst tackling team in the SEC IMO......however, I haven't seen Kentucky play this year.

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

It wasn't on Worley to be the answer right now. at least in the sense of winning the game. We put him in too many positions tonight. We couldn't run it. Rodgers drops 6. Nobody pitched in to help.

15. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

don't forget Ben dropping the pass in the first quarter that prolly would've given us atleast a first down.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Wilcox wasn't exactly impressive tonight, despite the low score. Everytime - I mean every mother[uck fay]ing time - #22 lined up to the right of Shaw in the shotgun, he ran left. They ran it about 15 times on the 98 yard TD drive.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm starting to think teaching the Playstation UT playbook to the players and just letting me pick the plays with a controller would work better.

18. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

The situation with Stone looks like a prime case of "we don't know what to do, so let's try anything." Given that context, I'm not sure the QB or secondary situation is really that different.

19. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Coordinators appear to suck. Offensive side for certain. You can't continue to make the same mistakes and show same issues ad call it coaching. Youth is an excuse.

On D, it looks like we have no idea what teams are doing from their formations. didn't see the game yet, so don't know what went down, but sound like more sameness.

20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Anyone else feel like it may have been better if Stone just continued to snap with his left hand?