Yet Another Shooting on a Campus

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NorrisAlan, Oct 1, 2015.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Easily the most ignorant thing you've ever posted.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

The most ignorant thing I ever posted would be some people's crowning achievement. Folks want to turn this into a "look, persecution! Look, Obama's racist! Look, these people didn't die from guns, they died from not enough guns!" That's ****ing crazy.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Well,

1) This is the very definition of persecution.
    2) Don't care one bit about Obama, so I'll skip this
    3) How many in that classrooom had a weapon to at least give them a chance to defend themselves?

And these people died from a psychopath's actions. If he doesn't have access to guns, what's to stop him from building a homemade bomb a la Tsarnaev and planting it in a classroom? Evil always finds a way.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

This is awesome news out of a terrible story

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Then every mass shooting has been persecution. Right?

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

They certainly haven't been rainbows and sunshine or chance happenings. The Charleston shooting was persecution based on color and possibly religion.

Was there one "group" that suffered more than others in the Columbine and Sandy Hook shootings?

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Persecution suggests something systematic, as in some kind of organized, or even informal, campaign against a particular group of people. Nothing of the sort is happening against Christians in this country. Persecutions of Christians are happening in terms of what ISIS is doing, but the clear difference of what is and isn't persecution is clearly identifiable here.

8. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Obama, "they think that any gun safety measures are somehow an assault on freedom or communistic or a plot by me".

Gun safety measures aren't an assault on freedom? What are they? Where those sitting targets in that class on the gun free campus able to exercise their God given right to self defense? Always enjoy the big government spin doctors at work.

9. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

God given right to self defense?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

The schools themselves. That's a group.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Totally sane. Completely. 0 % crazy here. Need more guns, guys. If those people were packing, no gun violence would occur.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Like I mentioned earlier, your posts aren't worth reading on this topic, so I didn't.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I mean, that's not wrong. Were they the targets or the unfortunate bystanders is the question.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

They were clearly targets. You can't be serious.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's sad, he's the only one who isn't invoking politics after a tragedy.

16. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

LOL. If it isn't an assault on freedom, what is it? Look, if Obama wants gun control then be honest with what it is. Quit trying to spin and sell it as something it isn't.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

More so sandy hook. Columbine guys were just wanting to kill any and everyone in there

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He asked them if they were Christians and then determined where to shoot them. If that's not persecution then I don't know what is. I guarantee you if the question involved global warming or something else, you would be in here banging the drum you so eloquently bang.

I would venture to say that you and your stunning levels of intelligence also persecute to a certain degree on here. Now I know that you don't see that, because let's face it... You're the smartest in every room. No matter what. At all times. But what do I know? I'm one of those dangerous lots that seems to have a mustard seed amount of faith trying to talk to genius that has life all figured out.

19. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

For the record. I have never owned a gun. Luckily I live in an area where I feel perfectly safe without one. However, I don't piss down my leg when I see many of my fellow citizens carrying. Feel safer because of it.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes, you did, which is why you responded. Stop playing childish games, justify your answer or step aside.