I'm here for a fight (aka HendersonVol's Pathetic Attempt to be a Badass)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by WM, Aug 29, 2011.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

64 posts on a board full of members you knew prior all of which you've summed up as "wrong and obnoxious" and not "worthy of a discussion with". Seems like you've wasted a lot of time.

And yes in this thread, the way it was started and the way you've acted like a fool, you're only going to get stupid jokes. There are plenty of serious discussions to be had, organized by topic, all over the board. Have at it.

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Also, it doesn't seem that groves was saying he would be fired after 2 years, only that the natives would be extremely restless.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

To say the majority of Tennessee fans didn't give a shit or know much about basketball until Pearl started winning is something I'll stand by 7 days a week. Pearl was accepted because he stood on tables and went to Lady Vol games with his shirt off. Martin will not do that. Pearl had a guy that could get hot and take over ballgames in Lofton. Martin does not have that. Pearl didn't have to build a team. He had Watson, Loften and JuJuan from the get go. Martin will have to rebuild this roster. The majority of the fanbase will not give him time.

Pearl followed a guy that brought talent in and was too stupid to coach it up. Martin is following a guy that had more busts than stars.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's it.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Well said. Our basketball fanbase is one of the most ignorant around.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

After Dooley had already closed out 2011 strong.

Another great representation of Tennessee's fanbase is the reaction to Kiffin leaving for a higher paying job in a place he wanted to be all along.

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I suppose your egotism made your point harder to understand for some.

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I will agree with this as well. Too many "Tennessee football, Memphis basketball" fans in my neck of the woods.

9. fl0at_

Bowling Green didn't burn mattresses, and create Bobble Heads for target shooting when Urban Meyer left for bigger and better things.

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

And we think those fans are idiots, too.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Martin has to win in a hurry or the fanbase will call for his head. They'll point to Pearl winning immediately out of the gate when the situations aren't anywhere near the same.

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I'm not going to lie. I felt a little dumped on. I think that it was the scorched earth policy of it all. Come in, break a bunch of rules, leave with as many recruits as you can take with you...

It's not that I don't understand why he left...but I'm not going to say I didn't feel dumped on a bit by it all.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

On this board - No.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They didn't "take a dump on their school". Would you turn down a million dollar raise?

It's not limited to Tennessee but we seem to have an overwhelming amount of them.

I will say, Tennessee fans have never killed trees or called the hogs in a press conference. So we're better than Bama or Arkansas.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The majority would say "Oh well, [uck fay] him" and move on.

It's a slap in the face to the history and tradition of Tennessee football to act like a one year coach is a big deal. In the grand scheme of things, Kiffin is nothing but a blip on the radar for Tennessee. He brought in some talented but idiotic players and also brought in what looks to be a great SEC QB.

16. fl0at_

So, because Bowling Green isn't a top 10 all time school, their fans aren't allowed to feel betrayed, either?

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Not really.

Monte and O were making a lot for what they were here. Kiffin took less to get them on staff. He wasn't going to be getting a huge raise anytime soon here.

USC was desperate and willing to pay them all. Hamilton didn't make his contract air tight and he was able to leave on the cheap.

And what's it matter if he didn't like living here? I'm sure he didn't. He had been out on the West Coast for a long time. It is culture shock. If he didn't like it here, it's probably a good thing he left quick.

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

1) Pearl is not the AntiChrist. His character leaves a lot to be desired as does his cultish following.

2) I wouldn’t go that far. He started in a big hole thanks to Fulmer and Kiffin. I am waiting to judge until after this year. If he wins the games we are favored and wins at least 1 where we are not then I will feel more confident about his abilities. The question is will Cheek give him the support he needs to succeed.

3) Time will tell.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, the majority can't act like adults when it comes to that staff.

20. fl0at_

Are you really saying that the defenders of Kiffin, or as you put it... the people here... were the ones burning mattresses and taking part in all that other crap? Other than, maybe, blowing up Layla's phone.