POLITICS Poll: Two-term Trump

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jan 1, 2020.

?

Will Trump be re-elected for a second term?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Plus communism can’t exist.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I agree, on a national level. there are some hippie communes that seem to legitimately make it work, but then they are collectively participating in an external market, so they really are more of a family or joint enterprise rather than a society.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Still not communism because there’s still a leader or group of leadership.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

no, some of them it is all votes, no leaders

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I do like small cottage villages that can be mostly self supportive and think it’s the best way for humans to live.

I think huge cities are the worst even though i like cities.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Then they weren't, what I would call, a "voter," as they didn't vote.

But specifically here, there is no way they could have "voted."

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

by voters I mean those who voted for him in the primary didn’t vote in the general election.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

voting turnout numbers indicate most of them did. unless you think there are millions of primary only voters, and a very similar number of general only voters

9. fl0at_

Right, which doesn't make sense given the scenario, in that in the primary the choice was between Bernie and Hillary.

But the scenario I described that you quoted was one or the other. So not the primary.

And the only way to have "voted" in "not the primary" was to have voted in the general election.

I thought the statement was clear. But I guess not.

10. TennTradition

My error was assuming the discussion was trying to head toward something useful.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

like what? seems like the implication is for sanders people to shut up and get behind someone else.

12. fl0at_

There is no discussion to be had when one side cannot be comprehended. A simple statement was made. It was not comprehended.

But I can try again: Bernie folks VOTED for Hillary. The same would not have been true. Had Bernie won the nomination, Hillary folks would have VOTED for someone else.

Not stayed at home. Not not voted. But, VOTED. Which is the past tense of the action of actually voting.

13. TennTradition

Like actual discussion.

While that would actually be a pretty good idea I wasn’t saying that. I think that they would be much more inclined to just not show up.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  14. TennTradition

Your statements were:

-The people who wanted Bernie voted for Hillary.

-The people who wanted Hillary would not have voted for Bernie.

I’m saying that there were certainly people that wanted Bernie that didn’t show up. The Bernie supporters showed up en masse and voted for Hillary?

Also had Bernie been nominated - who would all the Hillary supporters have shown up at the polls and voted for?

Hey IP or anyone else that wants to answer - did you vote for Hillary? Did you vote for Bernie?

I work with a Bernie guy that didn’t show up to vote. Oops. Guess the Bernie folks didn’t actually vote for Hillary.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

and I think we just don't agree with that opinion at all. I regret that you find our failure to agree on untested claims to be unproductive. I have a potential solution. Have you tried feeling the bern? it would support your assertion. I know many sanders supporters that voted for clinton, but no Clinton supporter has had a chance to later support bernie... until now.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Mathematically, a large portion of sanders folks MUST have voted for clinton in the general. How can you ignore this mathematical evidence? Do you believe approximately half of democratic primary voters didn't vote for clinton in the general? why, because you have that one coworker?

17. fl0at_

Then they didn't "voted," because they didn't show up. And to have "voted" they had to show up.

Yes, the people who voted, that supported Bernie, en masse, voted for Hillary.

Of the ones that showed up to vote, probably Trump. Exactly like all the current billionaires are saying they would do were it to be Warren nominated this time.

Then he didn't "voted" then, did he? Oops. Words.

18. TennTradition

No I will not feel the Bern when there are candidates I’d rather see get the nomination.

I found your argument about voting rates in primaries vs general to be a good one. I’m not asking you to agree with me.

However since you threw in the word ‘we’ with fl0at, I’ll let you tell me how this:

The people who wanted Hillary would not have voted for Bernie.

...is a tested claim?

19. fl0at_

It's being tested right now, and playing out, right now, via this:

20. TennTradition

How are you missing the fact that when I said voters I was referring to primary voters? Where’s the oops?

I’m not missing your distinction. You said Bernie supporters voted for Hillary. That isn’t true if they didn’t vote. If you’d like to discuss how many did or didn’t vote in the general as IP is trying to do that’d be much more useful than what you’re doing here - the end of which isn’t clear at all.

You are saying Hillary supporters wouldn’t have voted for Bernie. That’s a very general statement don’t you think?