POLITICS Poll: Two-term Trump

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jan 1, 2020.

?

Will Trump be re-elected for a second term?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

lol, you just said you wouldn't, if there other candidates you wanted nominated. and when a man stumps for his former opponent 20 plus times in the general and she ungraciously complains about how he hurt her for daring to run in the primary, it is a reasonable conclusion that those who follow her wouldn't want to vote for him ever, or at least some proportion of them.

all she had to do was respect the "fringe" nearly half of the voting primary voters and make him her VP. But no. and somehow, it is his fault she doesn't know how to win.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Your statement was would not have not will not have - thus clearly not referring to the current primary cycle. Oops. Words.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

how specific is saying bernie supporters didn't vote for hillary? sounds pretty general.

4. TennTradition

Did I blame him?

He’s old and just had a heart attack. I’m not going to vote for him when I have better choices. I’m sorry I won’t get in line behind you.

justingroves likes this.
  5. TennTradition

My comment was:

-I think many Bernie voters didn’t show up.

A) That’s less general
    B) I’m not the one who act like I can’t understand what words mean unless I run it through a poorly programmed algorithm to dissect meaning.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

you know warren is my preference.

You just pulled the same gag done to Hillary after she fainted, btw. I'd watch that ageism. we are all born young and the lucky of us will die old. stick to policies and character.

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Because it doesn't make sense in the context of my statement, that you quoted. I didn't start this conversation with you. You started with me, using my statement. And rather than moving back to my conversation, you've chosen to take it outside my meaning, that you quoted. I am clearly not talking about primaries. I am clearly not talking about people not voting.

I am very, very clearly, talking about people who voted in the general election.

Yes, you are missing the distinction. In order for them to have VOTED for Hillary, they had to VOTE. Which means I've filtered out EVERYONE who didn't vote. What I'm left with, in the population I'm commenting on, IS ONLY the people who voted. Because you can't have VOTED if you didn't GO AND VOTE.

Yes, I do think it is a general statement. Why does that matter?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I concede some proportion didn't show up and some actually went trump. It was not a very large proportion. I know more sanders supporters who failed to vote in the primary than ones that actually did, FWIW. his appeal with the young means he has a lot who for whatever reason don't get their ass to the polls. So I would argue the age demographic plays a major part in that.

9. TennTradition

I’m not inclined to vote for him on policy either so there is that as well. But the dude did just have a heart attack. Real. Documented. It’s not the Hillary stuff.

Did you vote for Hillary in the general.

I can say I would have showed up to vote for Bernie in the last cycle. If he’s nominated this time I guess I’ll have to but would be unfortunate. Hopefully he’d have a good VP.

10. fl0at_

Give it time, it will become "would not." Oops. Words.

You can prove it wrong, right now... by voting for Bernie. But since I trust that you will not, based on you saying you won't, then I can fast forward to conclude, assuming you were a Hillary supporter, that you will not, in fact, vote for Bernie. Ever. Thus, would not.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was in DC and she was winning it massively, so I had the flexibility to write in someone without it affecting the outcome. I constantly get shit on for this like it wasn't a calculated zero impact decision of conscience. I'm about ready to drop all party affiliations over it. I know what my values are, but neither party seems to have any core values anymore. just two syndicates.

Volst53 likes this.
  12. fl0at_

Kinda same, in Tennessee. I wrote in and somehow that made a difference.

Like Tennessee was going anywhere other than Trump.

We're lucky, we can vote for who we want to IP, without compromise, because our votes won't matter anyway!

IP likes this.
  13. TennTradition

Dear lord. I am adding my thoughts to your point. That your point matters much less if the Bernie people who showed up to vote ultimately voted for Hillary if many didn’t show up at all.

A reasonable person would then follow that up with discussion regarding whether it is accurate that many didn’t show up - as IP did.

But you got caught up in your logical process filter and have gone off on an unproductive rant about “voted”.

14. TennTradition

Wait - were you a Bernie supporter, fl0at?

Please tell me both of the Bernie supporters in this conversation chose not to vote for Hillary.

15. fl0at_

Hell no. I would never vote for Bernie. Or Hillary.

gcbvol likes this.
  16. fl0at_

People who don't vote don't move the needle. They are nulls. That they didn't vote gives them a null value to their equation.

Only people who vote matter in an election.

I don't find that an unreasonable position at all. If we differ, we differ.

17. fl0at_

50% of 2 > null % of a billion

Sorry for holding that position.

18. TennTradition

Oh well - a guy can dream.

19. TennTradition

When it comes to how many votes a candidate received your math and point work.

20. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I have no problem saying I'll never vote for Bernie. Nor Trump. Nor HRC. I have a preferred candidate this cycle, but there are no exceptional options. Voting will be a lot like a UT coaching search - built on hope and likely to suck. As I think about it I guess every vote is pretty much that way.

justingroves likes this.