2019-2020 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 29, 2019.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Fahr err'body.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Lsu throws up more shit. I guess that's why they have lost 4. We cant catch many on an off day

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Vescovi will not have this many turnovers again. He'll settle down and we won't play teams with this kind of length.

4. Ssmiff

Still outplays his sr counterpart after a week of practice

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Can Vescovis defense be improved. He is horrible there. I’m not that worried about the turnovers (yet.)

6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Use the rest of this year to get Vescovi acclimated and use to everyone, the offense etc. And we roll next year. This year is nothing more than working towards next year and we knew that going in.

IP likes this.
  7. Unimane

I think it'll be better when he can have time to understand the system better. He looked a little unsure on the switching. On ball was alright.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He started practicing with them Monday. He’ll be fine

utvol0427 likes this.
  9. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Yeah most of his defensive issues were due to confusion on screens. He’s already better at defense than Jalen Johnson.

Smart and sometimes Mays were beating him off the dribble, but Smart beat our whole team off the dribble every possession last year and embarrassed us.

10. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Correct. Would like to get out of this phase of our season ASAP, though.

justingroves likes this.
  11. BigOrangeBeech

I'm with you. Gonna be some growing pains, but as Vescovi gets better I think the whole team will. I think we will see it some this year, but we'll see it jump significantly next year when the supporting cast is much better.

12. Ssmiff

We will get used to his pump fake, pass, and move as well. Kid got more defenders off the ground tonight with pumps than Bowden has in 4 years. Disappointed in Bowdens lack of improvement in ball handling and ability to get his own shot.

13. Ssmiff

Watched an interview with Vescovi. What a ride for him recently. He did say the biggest adjustment was the running in practice and the difference in length and physicality was evident to him on the court.
    Baptized into the college game vs LSU and and NBA already paid for pg is a good way to get your feet wet.

14. BigOrangeBeech

Heckuva start to hit 6 3's in your debut.

He obviously struggled in other areas, but he can shoot the ball.

15. Unimane

Ever since I first saw him play, I just don't think Pember is good enough to play at this level. Too slow and soft.

Also looks like Barnes is giving Vescovi the quick hook tonight.

16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

They weren’t planning on playing Pember this year. The unexpected attrition is the only reason he isn’t redshirting.

We lead at half despite turning it over 11 times. We got 11 points from...Jalen Johnson? He does exist!

17. Ssmiff

Jj has the sweetest stroke. He just plays like he has zero confidence and game usually

18. BigOrangeBeech

This game comes down to who sucks the least.

19. BigOrangeBeech

Johnson was one of the ones we really needed to step up this year. Hes done nothing until tonight.

I think it sounds crazy, but we need to quit running our post game through Fulkerson so much and balance it out with Pons. His turn around jump shot has been some of the most sure offense we've had so far this year.

James just doesn't explode enough when he had the ball in his hands. There's no reason for him not to be able to drive the ball all the way in more and score.

20. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Pons transformation has been huge.