Tigers vs. Tiguahs

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The second game of the season, after an entire off-season to prepare for Clemson, a warmup game vs North Texas, and when they were undefeated.....

versus

The last game of the regular season, when they were already 7-4, coming off a loss to UGA, having lost 3 of their previous 6, and while playing at LSU?

Is this a fair comparison between what Texas A&M was at the start of the season vs Clemson, than what LSU faced at the end?

If true, then you must not see a difference between the Tennessee team who lost to I ranked BYU at home in Week 2 vs beating Vandy in the last week of the regular season....because that’s exactly the week’s where you’re comparing A&M, here.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

At least Clemson did this against such tough competition that outside of Ohio State and Wofford, every team they played lost at least 5 games.

3. Tenacious D

You are absolutely right.

Tua did play the entire game.

He was hobbled with a high ankle sprain and still threw for nearly 500 yards and 4 TD’s.

I prefer this to what I originally offered.

Thank you.

4. Tenacious D

They are 100% one dimensional - and the stats I posted disallow any other reasonable conclusion.

And those numbers not only directly refute your goofily stating that they’re “not one dimensional”, but offer empirical proof that this is exactly, inarguably and certainly what they are.

Find anyone who will agree that 70/30 passing yards to rushing yards is “balanced” - and who isn’t named Indy - and believe whatever they tell you.

LSU is not only a one-dimensional offense, but they are absolutely and egregiously imbalanced, and which is directly contrary to what you said.

You’re wrong.

5. Tenacious D

In beating Ohio State, Clemson has already beaten a better team than LSU.

LSU has started to believe their own hype, and which I believe is misplaced

I’m not sure if Clemson can expose and make them pay for it, but I’ll be hoping that they do.

Orgeron is a poor man’s Dooley, if the Sunseri hire had not only worked out, but proven spectacular. The more he has to decide tonight, the better I like Clemson’s chances.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Burrow can throw short, deep, dump it to a back behind the Los (which counts as a pass, just as a flip end around or shovel), buy time, or take off. Qb draw is an option as well as read option and 5 wide, or give it to an rb off tackle or screen.
    They are far from one dimentional.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

So, what numbers would they have to hit on the ground for you not to consider them one dimensional?

Just because Burrow/Chase/Jefferson are having a historic season doesn't mean that LSU is one dimensional. They put up 31 TDs on the ground this year, have a 1300+ yard rusher, and average almost 5 yards per carry as a team. They absolutely can run the football and aren't one dimensional.

8. Tenacious D

They finished 2nd in passing & 60th in rushing.

65% of their scoring is via the pass.

70% of their offensive yardage was via the pass.

Would you consider Kentucky to be one dimensional? Of course anyone would, but you’re proving to be impervious to numbers. But in the off-chance that I can still reach you, try this on for size:

Kentucky Rushing Yards: 3,624 yds
    Kentucky Passing Yards: 1,478 yds

Kentucky
    Rushing Yardage: 71%
    Pass Yardage: 29%

LSU
    Rushing Yardage: 29%
    Passing Yardage: 71%

You. Are. Badly. Wrong.

LSU. Is. Exactly. One. Dimensional.

Can we be done with this now, or do you need some more?

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's all relative. Kentucky is a poor offense which can't throw. LSU is an historically great offense which can run, but has an exceptionally high number of passing yards.

29% of shit production isn't nearly as impressive as 29% of phenomenal production. The percentage for LSU rushing is skewed by Burrow having a season of unprecedented production and a 1300 yard rusher is very effective, but simple analysis should've cued you into this fact .

utvol0427 likes this.
  10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I was all set to push that Like button (hard) and then I got to the last line about Dooley.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Clemson wins and their band plays Neck complete with chant.

Tenacious D likes this.
  12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Difference being, LSU absolutely can run the football when needed, they just don't need to often because of Burrow/Jefferson/Chase. Kentucky would have better luck with you or I throwing the football than what they had with Bowden. To me, a one dimensional team is a team that doesn't have the ability to either run or pass (Kentucky) rather than a team that can do both, but leans towards one over the other.

More, please.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

They also got the guy in from the Saints and decided to call plays to allow Burrow to have the season he had. They are like pros who will still throw late in a game even in a blowout until you stop them. They could've easily packed it in, run the ball, run the clock out and won the same amount of games, then according to stats, been "2 dimensional" as the ratio would be 60/40.
    Or watch the game and realize they are all dimensional on offense.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I dread the day Tenny does this and is actually right.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He will be even more insufferable.

What Tenny needs, like any good Heel character, is a creepy manager. A guy with a megaphone or someone with a cane.

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Maybe he meant a 'Less than Tua'. In that he didn't perform up to a Tua-like standard. Which could be attributed to LSU playing well.

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

38-34 Clemson

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It will be like every Trump thread he posts in. I do, on some level, admire the quality of being able to forge ahead after every failed prediction and still muster up a "everyone who doesn't think this is stupid" post. He has the ideal mindset of a relief pitcher.

A-Smith likes this.
  19. Tenacious D

That “Neck” song is stupid as shit.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'd be bummed about my kid having to hear it if I took him to a game. I'll say that.