COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

We are a country built on telling the government to [uck fay] off. There will be many that won't comply.

VolDad and droski like this.
  2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Dibs on Windsor Castle and Buckingham Palace.

CardinalVol, IP and justingroves like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

the lesson of this problem has been "but no really, we all live in a society."

cpninja likes this.
  4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Sigh... My grandmother is having her 92nd birthday party on Saturday. I just asked my mom if it was still on.

Yep, she is having all of her 80-something year old sisters (4 of them) and their families over. Fifth not coming due to bronchitis.

Also in Blount County.

kmf600 likes this.
  5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It will be complete chaos if they announce and attempt to enforce a nationwide lock down/quarantine. Riots, fights, etc. Wouldn't be surprised if there aren't deaths from people pushing back against police/military.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We are all feeling the impact. The other day my butler was helping me dress and I thought, “This guy is over 70. What if he dies? I’ll have to button this tuxedo myself.”

OneForVol likes this.
  7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my lord.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Terrible idea.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah I had already canceled when this got cranked up last week. I was shocked it was still going on because a few days ago my mom was saying she was going to get her to stop it. I had to tell my sister not to go, but there is no way I can keep that group of old women from doing what they want.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

not trying to be selfish here but this really isn't the best time to be completing the purchase of an asset management firm

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm telling you, we think we're immune to it here.

12. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Before real estate I was a REO/Special Asset/Foreclosure Manager for a regional bank for quite a few years and have been in foreclosures for 15+ years. My wife told me last night that real estate probably is going to be in the dumps for awhile but she said I bet you will have plenty of jobs you'll be able to walk into in the next 12-18 months when the smoke clears. Unfortunately, I think she's likely right.

droski likes this.
  13. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I don’t feel like we really started doing anything until Monday. So maybe we started doing something a few days before they did - but they went harder after it once they did something. I think it’s cause for concern. I was thinking we were ahead of them and then I started doing the math.

droski likes this.
  14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Coworker is living in London part time and he sent me a note last night. Said Johnson told folks to avoid pubs and restaurants. He sent me a pic of his pub. He was the only one in it. Said normally it would be packed.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It's just shocking that the descendants of those loyal to the king/country and didn't seek to move half way across the world to get away are more compliant than us cousins over here.

16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Same way here. “It’ll never get that bad here.” Common theme

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

well we are screwed then. gonna lose a lot of folks.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

In this time of national crisis it's good that we have such high quality journalists out there. Asking our leader the tough questions like "Do you think it's OK to use the term Kung Flu?"

gcbvol, Beechervol, VolDad and 2 others like this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

national park entrance fees are being waived!

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

My favorite is how all the media outlets were all calling it the Chinese virus on their own networks on their coverage of it but now that’s racist.

Also [uck fay]ed up seeing the video of Italians hugging a Chinese man that the Chinese government sent there for their state owned media before their major outbreak.

Beechervol and justingroves like this.