COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

So has mine

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We're in a Cold War.

This vaccine is our moon race right now.

China is trying to use this to show strength and to sell that they've passed us as the world leader.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We don't want a hot war with China. If we start bring manufacturing home, we're going to put the CCP in real jeopardy and their backs going to be against the wall.

I want us to do that but we need to be smart too.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

IP and Indy like this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

This is a fair assessment, and one of the reasons Twitter diplomacy is a bad idea. I am emotional and not thinking straight.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Emotional is okay sometimes.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It happens to all of us.

I do think if Trump wins re-election. Bringing the manufacturing base back home from china is going to be his main agenda.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So the thought isn't that they would withhold the vaccine, but rather use the fact that they had it first to cement their standing as having passed us as a world leader?

Aren't a lot of companies that are searching for the vaccine neither American nor Chinese? The whole thing is odd to me.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Had an upset stomach all day. Now forced to ponder whether it’s the rona or just that fact that I’ve consumed nothing but gummy bears and cocaine for three days.

kmf600, hohenfelsvol, gcbvol and 2 others like this.
  10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Bring it back the this hemishpere.

Put jobs here and in Mexico.

China done. Illegal immigration problem kinda solved.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Based upon my experience, gummy bears and cocaine don't cause these symptoms. You definitely have the virus.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

upload_2020-4-1_14-36-0.png

TN Week 4 COVID Data Highlights
    Daily New Cases starting to see an increased ramp - 444 on Apr 1 (today) highest to date
    Tennessee Total Case Slope similar to US Total Case Slope
    News Channel 5 (WTVF Nashville) should receive the award for best COVID-19 coverage in the state
    WTVF (www.newschannel5.com) COVID-19 data is "scooping" everybody multiple times daily including the 2PM TN.gov update
    Current Testing is around 4000 per day
    Decatur Co. COVID-19 case false-positive - reported 1st positive Mar 29 and then said sorry our bad the next day
    Memphis continues to challenge Nashville for the No.1 spot
    TN Total Cases by Region: West(574) Middle(1104) East(320)
    Tennessee No.17 in the COVID-19 poll while not accustomed to being in the top 25 of any other poll thanks to Lyle

TN Week 4 News Headlines
    Joe Diffie, Nineties Country’s ‘Pickup Man,’ Dead at 61 From Coronavirus
    University of Tennessee campuses to continue online throughout summer
    Tennessee is rapidly preparing to convert convention centers, college dormitories, hotels and other facilities into makeshift hospitals
    Walmart to begin taking temperature of every employee prior to their shifts
    2 Nashville Bellevue Kroger employees test positive for COVID-19
    Kroger announces temporary 'Hero Bonus' pay raise for frontline employees - joins Target and Amazon in increasing pay by $2 an hour.
    Williamson Medical Center to furlough 200 employees due to COVID-19
    TN National Guard nurses step in amid COVID-19 outbreak at Gallatin nursing home - 4 deaths to date
    Nissan produces face shields for Middle Tennessee health care workers
    5th TSA officer at Nashville International Airport tests positive for COVID-19
    Knox County Mayor Glenn Jacobs 'hopes' businesses open before Trump's April 30 guidelines
    For your parents - Senior Shopping Hour link (updated 3/30): https://money.com/coronavirus-senior-hours-walmart-costco-grocery-stores/

Just remember - if you can't smell or hear your farts - you just might have it

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I’ve actually been pondering a similar strategy, but I think mine is much more practical. We align our military on the southern border and march into Mexico, conquering it. We then continue on through all of Central and South America, conquering it all. Then, when the Coronavirus flares up again in the cold weather, we simply relocate our entire populace to our secondary Southern Hemisphere homes.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Been coughing for 3 days. Ungodly cough to be honest. Chalked it up to just allergies. But not the usual sore throat.

Gotten worse today. Fever is 99.2. Nice knowing you all. Think I’m hit.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

We should make Hong Kong a state.

justingroves likes this.
  16. CardinalVol

I'm all for it. Tell them either fall in line behind us or we will push them into the Antarctic waters.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

They're asking the public to not crime for awhile. Seems fair.

18. CardinalVol

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

20. CardinalVol

Home county holding strong. 0 cases and 68 negative tests.