COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's also really easy and harmless to wear a cloth covering. And there are studies which indicate that it helps.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Denmark has not seen a rise in cases after reopening schools. Very good news, bodes well for us.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I saw, on Twitter, where states that have reopened aren't seeing significant increases. Now, it's Twitter, so I don't know how true it is

4. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think WHO is just pushing China's bullshit now to make more distrust and unrest here

6. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

ABC news reported that(surprising that an outlet isn't pushing doom and gloom).

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

IP likes this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I post links. Some would say a link poster. Honestly have no idea who to believe anymore

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

warhammer likes this.
  11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Last night, tweets started circulating talking about how COVID deaths aren't high in Florida, Texas, and Georgia - but amazingly they are all having massive "pneumonia" epidemics breaking out. It was shit data - comparing two different databases from CDC, one of which (used for historical) only counts pneumonia deaths when it is the leading cause of death and the other (used for 2020 data) that includes all pneumonia deaths, including when it is a contributing cause of death and not the primary.

Guess what - amazingly 2020 numbers are 5x the "average".

Just shit.

And all these folks are out there just re-tweeting away. Including folks that should absolutely know better (epidemiologists, former public health officials, etc.).

Just trash.

I've been on a campaign last night and this morning just to fry these guys.

2Maggitt2Quit and Unimane like this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not sure if serious.

13. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm not

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Water is wet

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm not following. What are people trying to claim?

17. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

They were going state by state in the south and saying that COVID deaths are being hidden by classifying them as pneumonia deaths. Ex. TN has 300 COVID deaths, but 2,000 pneumonia deaths when on average we only have 500 pneumonia deaths.

Didn't really pass the sniff test, but it was presented in a neat, easy to read format so it's blowing up on reddit and Twitter.

I tried to follow the links and verify the data. I only got to a CDC database that showed that TN hasn't really had any excess deaths this year, so that was enough to kind of prove that it's bullshit. Sure we could theoretically classify deaths differently, but you can't hide excess deaths and hospitalizations.

18. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

There are different posts - but this was the gist of the crappy data. The lower prior-year numbers only include deaths where pneumonia was the primary cause of death, while the 2020 data includes all cases of pneumonia-related death. If you put them on apples to apples level, they are very similar.

[​IMG]

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

When will we see the articles of one of the Minneapolis protesters having covid and potentially infecting hundreds of people in a crowded space with no masks or social distancing?