COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hater

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

They aren't that great. The focus is mostly on cases.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

As with every freedom they’re limits.

Fire code and occupation laws aren’t used to stop assembly.

If a town/city started using it against a business they disagreed with politically. That would be unconstitutional

4. fl0at_

Nah. Hell, it might take off.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I could see a bar like that doing great in the short run. Make quick profit, sell when hot.

6. fl0at_

Fire codes and occupation laws absolutely limit, and therefore affect assembly.

No, I don't think so. If the business is constantly in violation of the occupancy, and the city enforced them. But another business is in violation constantly and the city doesn't enforce them, the city has acted not unconstitutional, but has not enforced equal.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If a city put a business at 0 occupancy due to political reasons and not due to fire safety.

That would be unconstitutional

8. fl0at_

That would not be constitutional legal fight. That would be a permitting/fire safety legal fight. It would be up to the city to explain why they set occupancy at 0, and since they'd have no reason, it would be a quick fight. If the city came in and said we did it because we disagreed politically, the court might rule that the city cannot set occupancy at 0 based on political reasons, but probably under a different law, not the 1st amendment.

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

OK - that number is correct for the US, but that's a wide range. The average is about 55k for weeks 10-15 and 52k for weeks 16-20. But, because of population and demographic shifts, the average moves up each year, generally. I estimate that we should have expected 58.5k deaths per week from weeks 10-15 and 55.2k deaths weeks 16-20. Instead we saw 61.5k (wks 10-15) and 71k (wks 16-20). The first few weeks of that wks 10-15 window didn't have many COVID deaths because that was the beginning of the excess death curve. It continued after week 20 as well, but I was just giving these numbers to illustrate the above average deaths that were recorded.

10. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Bars shut down again in Shelby county.

11. fl0at_

I thought Tennessee didn't have bars. Just restaurants.

12. CardinalVol

Welp, we hath officially withdrawn from the WHO.

13. fl0at_

I'd rather we worked to make them right, then leave, but if it works to make them right, then we did it!

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They're still trying to figure out if the coronavirus is spread through air particles

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

utvol0427 likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

But seriously, I think they are distinguishing between droplets and aerosols. Droplets were known, the aerosols has been a back-and-forth.

18. CardinalVol

I'm assuming reentry is pretty easy?

19. fl0at_

Their new charter requires that you become subservient to China. It's a subtle requirement. Apple designed it, so if you scroll all the way down and accept the terms, you don't have to read the part about China.

SetVol13, Volst53, NorrisAlan and 2 others like this.
  20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This is one of those times where scientific organizations and scientists in general wind up being over-sharers. You can explain the difference between the two to too many people to count, and you would never get to 50% understanding what you're talking about.

justingroves likes this.