NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Best part about that in Tennessee is that with a TN Promise scholarship, you can get that training for free in 18-24 months and be making easy 5 figures while your friends are still swearing out their 4 year degree.

justingroves and Volst53 like this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Now, you got to get people to use it and go back where they're from and continue to use it

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I was floored when I realized how well the trades paid, especially considering the amount of time it takes to get certified, and that was only 3-4 years ago. And I hadn't grown up in a broken school system, either. Trades are massively undervalued and under-promoted as a career field, and it's not just in broken, underfunded schools where that is the case, either. When I was a senior and wanted to build and design racecars, none of my teachers, or counselors ever had an answer for how to do so. So 18 year old me made the biggest mistake of my entire life, and chose mechanical engineering at MTSU, which I promptly failed out of because I had no business being a college student at 18. Much less being a mechanical engineering student at a place like MTSU.

justingroves likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Contest: What will the Washington Redskins change their name to be?

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Wagon Burners

Volst53 likes this.
  6. NorrisAlan

The name has been needed to be changed for a long time now, and I am happy they are finally doing it. What would be funny, though, is they went a complete 180 degrees and went with something like :

US Capitol Football Players Team

No "Washington" as he owned slaves.
    No "Mascot" name as we don't want to culturally appropriate, misuse animals or place imperialist flags on any land, here on earth or elsewhere.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Washington Warlords or Overlords could be appropriate.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

The Washington Trainwreck

9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Washington Generals

CardinalVol, NorrisAlan and VolDad like this.
  10. NorrisAlan

Their win-loss record is comparable!

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Washington Woke

VolDad likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Cleveland Indians (particularly their mascot/logo) would be the next focus, but they've already taken it off their uniform and are apparently similarly looking at a change. I am not sure if the Chicago Blackhawks can hold on much longer, as their relationship with native groups they used to have fell apart in 2019. The Chiefs and Braves are going to get looked at harder now. While the name may not change, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish's and Boston Celtics' mascots may undergo some change in the years to come. Not sure why it makes people with no attachment to the teams mad when they change to keep their brand appealing.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Cleveland's mascot was awful, but the Indians doesn't seem horribly racist. I don't see a problem with a leprechaun either

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The Washington orange skins with a side profile of Trump

CardinalVol likes this.
  16. NorrisAlan

The very best with the very best fans. Yuge fanbase. Only the best coaches and the very good team. In fact, I plan on buying them when I get out of office and then shutting down the NFL.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

apparently some see the mascots, e.g. a little irish guy ready to fight with his fists, to play into a racial stereotype. we are too young to remember the irish being seen as a separate race from other whites, so I too don't immediately get it. apparently in Ireland and the UK it is shocking for some?

in general, ethnic/racial groups make for risky mascots.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I feel like if the Irish burnt down parts of the northeast they would be justified.

19. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Washington Bureaucrats

20. cpninja

cpninja Member

Washington Red Tapes IMO