NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by droski, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Black on black card? Give me a break. Its an epidemic and mainly an issue in dem controlled cities. Dems have them right where they want them again year after, ready to show their "support" for the black community every 4 years for as many votes as they can get, then begin the cycle again of doing nothing to improve inner city issues.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That second paragraph has a direct link to the massive incarceration of black men due to the disastrous Drug Wars. It's almost incalculable how much damage it has done.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Stronger family units, better educational opportunities, and more economic opportunity

You know all the things that BLM is against.

4. Unimane

Yeah, and you don't give a [uck fay] other than to type with glee "they are Dem cities". I doubt you even know what kind of efforts have been made to help desk with the violence in those places. So, yes, that's why I call it the Black on Black Card, among other reasons.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm not using anything as a cudgel. I agree that there's a major difference between citizens killing other citizens and authority figures killing citizens, but I can walk and chew gum too. I don't understand why a group that calls itself "Black Lives Matter" can't focus on both issues. Hell, form a separate division for each problem so that you have some people focusing on one issue while other people focus on the other issue.

I think part of the problem is that BLM is against some of the things that could potentially help these communities. More (good) police in these areas could help lower crime rates. A focus on building more nuclear families could lead to better outcomes for children in these areas.

Why shouldn't I call BLM out if I don't feel they are living up to what they claim to be about?

6. Ssmiff

Improve education, punish gang members more severely and find some type of system which allows people to feel more comfortable coming forward to name names after crimes are committed. Lack of cooperation leads to more victims and criminals walking around almost protected due to fear of retaliation

7. Unimane

Actually, that's quite false, particularly on the last two. But, how do you expect to accomplish these things, other than as general platitudes?

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I am 100% for prison reform. 100%. It's most certainly part of the equation.

9. Ssmiff

You will play about any card so im not surprised. Ignore facts and insult. Thats the lefts game and why so many people want tf away from the woke circus

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Then why have black community leaders that have worked for school choice left BLM due to wanted policies.

They want increased economic opportunity but want to end capitalism?

11. Unimane

Because they are exactly what they state they are about and outline why and how. Why do you demand they do more than their stated goals? What makes them feel like most people who criticize them for this actually give a shit about either problem, particularly when it's been the traditional method of trying to marginalize black activist groups?

12. Unimane

What "card" am I using?

What facts am I ignoring?

What insult am I using?

Who are all these supposed people walking away from "the woke circus"?

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

14. Ssmiff

-white boy is racist for talking about black on black card
    -black on black crime is a major problem and mainly in dem controlled cities
    -"you dont give a [uck fay].." " you dont know whats been done.." uni yoi know nothing about where ive lived and what my family has been involved with, where ive spent time as a coach for several years in Orange Mound.
    -the left has sent a lot of people who hang around the middle, to the right. I want me and my family as far away from people with the mindset and ideologies of the intolerant crowd as possible and there are many like me.

15. Unimane

I didn't call anyone racist. Me pointing out how black on black crime is not brought up until convenient is not a card. Criticizing you is not insulting you. Saying you are an "idiot" or whatever is insulting you. I didn't say black on black crime isn't a problem, nor are you aware of anything done by Dems to stem violence in the cities (Hint: Start with prison and gun reform, for starters, then see who opposes them.). Saying the left has sent a lot of people to the right is just what you perceive and want to happen, not anything based upon reality or evidence. I could say Trump has pushed a lot of people to the left and the Lincoln Project is evidence of this.

I don't think you are standing on as solid ground as you think you are.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I see "card" and keep wondering what I've done this time.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Another way to fix it is to show people what trades pay. Show them you can get a job that pays well at 18. What's going on in inner city neighborhoods will be going on in the most lilly white rural towns in a few years.

There's generations of poor people (skin color isn't the issue) raised either in government housing or on government assistance that assume that's how you live because they see no way out. It's not a race thing, it's kind of like Stockholm syndrome.

I'm not downing government assistance in any way, just saying if your grandparents did it, your parents did it, you'll probably do it too. It's a cycle that never gets broken unless you're a hell of an athlete or do illegal shit to get money. Coal miners in Kentucky have hit big on musicians here lately, but my point stands.

If you can't show people a viable way out, there's no reason to change.

SetVol13, ptclaus98 and Unimane like this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm all for ending black on black crime and I think that should be the biggest talking point outside of shit head cops. I feel very strongly that you have to fix both or nothing will ever really change.

Unimane and Volst53 like this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Now, the reason black people have been on government assistance for 30 years longer than most rural white towns is a viable argument, but they're nearly identical now.

The only difference is the type of drugs getting sold now

SetVol13 likes this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I never put much thought into it until I talked to a former Vol football player that was laughing at how much plumbers and HVAC guys made, said that was never brought up where he lived

SetVol13 likes this.