POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I can't imagine the mental hoops that must be jumped through to demonize a boy scout for taking out 3 documented scumbags that were trying to kill him.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Jumping mental hoops? Do you mean like someone shot 4 times in the back and claiming they were shot 7 times in the back is an accurate statement.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Said the opposite. I explained to you why it was done.

Explaining why something is done is not the same as agreeing with it.

I get that the difference may be difficult for you. But I'm here to help.

4. fl0at_

What someone has done in the past matters not in the moment.

If he was committing the crime, and they weren't, he was the criminal.

No mental leaps. The past is the past.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I simply open my eyes. 1. he wasn't scouting that night. 2. he had no documentation on those people at all, so if they were "scumbags" then he just got lucky. 3. if at least the one with a pistol were trying to kill him, he'd have fired. so we know that's not the case.

6. fl0at_

Let me try to give some deeper explanation from my end.

Self defense law is kind of shaky, already. Weapons carry law is kind of shaky, already. It doesn't need to get worse.

But every time some Zimmerman, or this kid, whatever is name is, or some other asshat does something that is clearly not self-defense (Zimmerman), or started out in violation of the law (this kid) or some combination of the two (other asshats), regardless of how the jury comes back with a verdict, self defense ground becomes shakier.

And I would rather not have self defense law and carry law go the route of law enforcment, where one too many bad cases [uck fay]s everything up. It sucks. But the kid broke the law being in possession of that weapon. He might get off. There might be a loophole where the law was badly written. But the intent of it was clear, 17 year olds are not meant to have weapons on non-hunting property.

He needs to be punished, so that people can at least believe that the intent of people who carry, and that self-defense law is... just. Because we're next to defund, if we just defend everybody.

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Lots of words to say the kid shouldn't have been there to begin with.

8. fl0at_

Kid was there, so... saying he shouldn't have been there is true, but fantasy. He was there.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Some people dont like these dudes. But really, is Herbie serious?

VolDad likes this.
  10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Apparently Kurt did not find it funny....

11. Ssmiff

Kirks sons went/go to a 30k yr HS. They got walkon positions at clemson due to his "privelege". He lives in one of the least racially diverse areas of town. The new age woke

12. fl0at_

Privileged people wanting non-privileged people to have privilege is a good thing.

What do you want him to do, say "I got mine, [itch bay]es" ?

The Dooz likes this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Speak out a lot sooner if it's important enough to you to cry about it on air. It felt really cheap and staged, seeing as how he's had a hell of a platform for years to speak up. Police killing people isn't new.

zehr27, Ssmiff and CitrusCo.Vol like this.
  15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We can all come to an epiphany.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's never the right time to talk about it. I've noticed that.

dknash and Unimane like this.
  17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The person I was 5, 15, 25 years ago is not the person I am today and the person I am today likely won’t be the person I am 5, 15, 25 years from now.

18. fl0at_

There are a lot of people who are noticing this a lot differently now, than even a few years ago.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Also, I can't stand Kirk and he's a known dramatic [itch bay], so I may be a little biased

VolDad likes this.
  20. Ssmiff

Nah i jist like real people, not fake woke douches