POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

How does what argument work? Yes, we still go by the Constitution, then and now. What does that have to do with anything said? You asked why I'm ignoring 3/4s history of this country, and I answered you, because things are different today. That doesn't mean I believe we are going to throw out the Constitution. It does mean that I believe people will continue to vote for morons, like Trump, and Qanon congress people, and state officials that will offer up legislation to throw out electors based on no facts or evidence.

And while that is perfectly legal, based on the Constitution, both then and now, it is not something that should simply be tolerated by those who should and do know better.

And as to why I chose that time period, my child did not say "We have had transitions much more chaotic, dysfunctional, with threats of violence, etc. We have always survived." You said that, so I asked in your life time.

2. fl0at_

I didn't say you deflected all day, I said deflection all day. Zehr, VD and then you. A trifecta of deflections.

And that wasn't an answer, that was a deflection. Given how persecuted you stated you are, you should be able to offer plenty of evidence of all this opinion intolerance.

3. fl0at_

The first question should be, can GSA ascertain two candidates?

NorrisAlan likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Didnt mention persecution. Simply made a point about sarcasm being called out while the other stuff is accepted as norm. If you cant see it, not my problem. Wouldnt expect anything else.

5. fl0at_

What is it that you believe "intolerance" against "opinion", especially when political is, if not persecution?

6. Ssmiff

Intolerance

7. fl0at_

So you're using the word to define itself?

Intolerance against political opinion is, to you, just intolerance?

Ok, so what is persecution, then?

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

What does tolerance look like?

"Biden is a lizard person just like Clinton."

What would tolerance of this "opinion" look like?

9. Ssmiff

I consider persecution to be actions, physical, etc, though that may not be the Websters definition. No physical or mental harm has come my way and have never mentioned persecution.
    When someone has a different opinion and you call them an idiot, what word describes it?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

@Ssmiff How many times do you think you've told me to shut up? And how many times have I told you to shut up? I'm curious.

11. Ssmiff

What does tolerance look like?
    .--i respect your opinion on Trump, or Biden, but disagree due to....
    Not, you are the dumbest person alive and you and your wife and kids knowingly support a xenophobic racist.

12. NorrisAlan

Ok, but you have called me intolerant before simply for asking for evidence of a statement you made.

Is that being intolerant?

13. Ssmiff

I dont recall that and it was a mistake if i did. You arent intolerant and are generally pretty neutral, most often aligning with my thought processes.

14. fl0at_

I'm fine with you taking persecution to mean physical action. That isn't what it is, but I'm ok with using that language with you, you'll just have to remind me in the future that that is how you take it to mean, as I'll forget.

What word do I use when someone has a different opinion, and I call them an idiot? I think you'll find out, and sit down, now, that I generally punch back, not start the punch. People usually characterize something I've said incorrect, by saying something like "You believe" or "Float said" or something along those lines, and then, since that has been invoked, I will call someone an idiot.

But I actually generally respond to what they say, first, and over and over again. Like now.

15. fl0at_

Nobody ever starts off with the bottom. Most of us say the "due to" every time. And then when we ask for that "due to" back, and it doesn't come... then it's going to cause push back, because we supplied, and the other side isn't.

16. NorrisAlan

I appreciate that. I don't believe I am the only one you do that with, however, and it makes discussing things with you very difficult at times.

Now, you would be well within your rights to want evidence for the above. All you have to do is ask, and I will have to do some research tomorrow. Until then, I just am going by memory.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

My favorite part of this thread. It's entertaining to watch it happen over and over again.

18. fl0at_

Okay?

IP likes this.
  19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I heard a Georgia election official say they are in a no win situation. When a Democrat loses it is because of "Voter Suppression". When the Republican loses it is because of "Voter Fraud". Bunch of whiney bastards.

(that last sentence was me)

20. fl0at_

They could try making it easier to vote. Seems like then there would leave just the one thing.