Who we gunna git? Part 4

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Jan 18, 2021.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Did Mullen even get a whiff of an interview for anything NFL related after he leaked he wanted to make the jump?

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The guy is making good money up there and as long as he can put up a 9 win season every few years, will have that job as long as he wants it with nothing close to the pressure that would be on him here.

I could also see him not wanting to come here, fail, and damage his "brand".

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Even that wasn't triple option.

That's why I want Chadwell if it isn't Kiffin.

droski likes this.
  4. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I’m not sure that would be an “interview” situation. Seems like one of those deals that’s usually done behind the scenes when a successful coach makes the jump. I think if he really wants to go some will scoop him up sooner or later

5. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

I heard that. It is my belief that none of these guys know anything and are just throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks.

6. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I think I hate the triple option so much because I roomed with a GT fan. It’s looks pathetic and gimmicky. Watching them be down 3 scores and still having trouble throwing the ball more than 5 yards is sickening. If it came here and I actually got to see it work, maybe I’d like it more haha

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Good luck getting 5* players to come and run the triple-option. Would never work here.

8. InVolNerable

Then I guess I'm not sure what the triple option is. Because I thought Crouch, Alexander, and Buckhalter was quintessential triple option

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They did a lot of window dressing running double option.

It's not nearly as expensive to run, and can run a more complex passing game with it.

InVolNerable likes this.
  10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I was under the impression triple option referred to the multiple steroid programs that Nebraska players could choose from.

11. InVolNerable

I'm all for steroids if it makes my entertainment more entertaining.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The Stoerner dude says it's Franklin they are after and have made preliminary agreements, but doesn't know what the hold up is. Elliot, he claims, is the #2 choice.

13. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

It's all we got at this point.

14. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Bolivar MS , that is my Family farm, before my grandfather was hired by Union Carbide, he was a small town Miss Stater and farmer.

Sent from Not in my Home State using the new old Atari

15. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

We have a barstool employee from UT (assuming he's located in NY) traveling to an airport in NJ based on flight tracking.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

hope not

Memtownvol likes this.
  17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Maybe the holdup is they don't like rape coverups.

Memtownvol and Savage Orange like this.
  19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I refuse to even entertain Franklin is our #1 (well, current #1). I believe that as much as Dykes turning down our offer.

20. salutethehill

salutethehill Member

Is Franklin wanting to leave PSU? I thought he was a northern guy.