COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

That is the one we are talking about.

There was an order for a base of 100 million. Pfizer then extended to the US government an option for an additional 100 million, and it was declined, in November.

In December, an article came out saying that that additional 100 million was declined. And a week later, that 100 million additional was purchased.

That, the Dec 23, 2020 is the second purchase, which put us at 200 million purchased. 100 initial + 100 this order.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

so to be clear. you believe the trump administration was able to secure a deal for 100 mil doses in a week? you must really think they are super efficient.

5. fl0at_

Well, let's look at it logically, and see.

1. An agreement to have an additional 100 million doses delivered in the second quarter of 2021 was reported to have been declined.
    2. A week later, in the end of December, a new agreement was created that would deliver 70 million doses by the end of the second quarter of 2021, with the remaining 30 million due by July 31st, 2021, ie: a month later.

You don't see the coincidence between the timing of the doses, and the split of the 100 million 70/30. Almost like, Pfizer said no way we can do the 100 million this late, so we need to split it.

You... you don't see that, in the data?

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no i don't believe you can get that done in a week, but you must have great faith in the trump administration. the articles posted say they stop turning down the option in november, not december. but whatever fits your narrative.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

this is amazing conjecture by the way. everyone knew production would take months to get going fully, but float knows the delay was due to them doing it at the last minute. man he's really wired in. ha ha

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

and what is the conspiracy theory here exactly? that the trump administration didn't want to purchase a viable vaccine? why and to what end?

9. fl0at_

Where do you see that I said they turned down the option in December? You really can't read, can you? You get that "reported to be declined" doesn't mean "declined that day" but instead means "reported to be declined," as in, that's when someone found out about it, and reported it.

Little reading lesson for you.

10. fl0at_

There is no conspiracy theory, it's about competence. They were incompetent ,and it took us finding out about it for them to fix their incompetence.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. fl0at_

If you are offered to take on an order, with a deadline, and you don't accept that offer for a month plus later, that deadline shifts.

Everyone with two brain cells knows this is true. They tried to recover, and as a result, had to split the deliverable around the old deadline.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you are claiming they did nothing until the article. If they stop turning it down in early November that’s not true. Maybe read better

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Man you believe anything. So they had no idea they had this offer until the article?

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

what’s your evidence it took a month to accept the offer? That’s the release. This isn’t a flip you switch. This is the govt. it’s slow moving.

Dude I don’t know why you are incapable of having a rational argument without insulting people. Nothing I’ve seen from you suggest you are any brighter than I am. Quite the opposite really. Stop the arrogant bullshit

15. fl0at_

The administration was ending, people were leaving, packing up, it was difficult to get to Trump, who was focused on other things, like challenging elections.

Yea, I think there was some issues that wouldn't have been present had Trump won re-election.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

He believed the vaccine was his crowning achievement. I find it impossible they forgot about it

17. fl0at_

Because you said this first: "but float knows the delay was due to them doing it at the last minute. man he's really wired in. ha ha" I responded.

My evidence is that Biden purchased 100 million from Pfizer and 100 million from Moderna on Jan 26th.

Why can they put a purchase order in in 6 days that you seem to think would take weeks for Trump?

18. fl0at_

What gave you this impression, that this was his crowning achievement?

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

so they started from scratch 6 days before? You really believe this? No preliminary talks whatsoever?

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

he spend half of his last days bragging about it