COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The guy I quoted was Trump's former FDA director.

The question isn't whether this is objective, but whether you think a leader should be responsible for the things under them.

I do. You don't.

Leadership isn't a position, it is a philosophy. Yours passes the buck. Mine stops with me.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yours and mine? Gimme a break. If thats the case then I'm blaming Biden for gas being $1/gallon up. After all, hes the current leader and I want to blame him for everything negative, like a fool needing to point the finger all the time.

3. fl0at_

As Harry S. Truman made popular, "The buck stops here."

Biden as president is at the top of the pile, but what Federal policy is he responsible for for gas prices?

If gas is up due to Federal policy, then yea, that would fall under him. All we have to decide then is if gas being $1 higher is a negative.

It isn't a negative to me, I can afford it.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lol, 500k dead is out of anyone's influence, but 1 dollar a gallon in less than a month of being in office is definitely Biden. Ssmiff logic.

5. fl0at_

I'm fine with him making a case for it being Biden's fault.

But he'd actually have to make a case, which we know won't happen.

SetVol13 likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Genuinely curious: are you coming up with your view yourself, or are you getting it through a particular news source? The way this played out in real time back November/December, it was clear as day.

7. Ssmiff

I'm not serious about Biden. Poking fun at how ridiculous it is for you and your kind to always want to point the finger of blame. You blaming trump for 500k dead is sick. Expected, but sick nonetheless. You have a misfire that will need addressing one day

8. fl0at_

The guy didn't encourage people to take precaution. He down played it. He's responsible for that. There isn't a specific number of deaths that can be laid at his feet, but it is greater than zero.

Even my CO, a nothing Lt. Col, not POTUS, took responsibility for all the deaths we took in Iraq, and he didn't fire a single mortar at any of us.

9. fl0at_

Hell, my CO took responsibility when a guard post on base lit up some civilians. Had nothing to do with anything, anywhere near him, but they were his people, so he stood tall for it, and ended up losing command.

But yea, POTUS gets no blame for anything.

SetVol13 likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't lay 500k at his feet. I merely have pointed out all along that he could have done better or done more. This was going to suck and kill a lot of people no matter what.

11. Ssmiff

Nobody knew anything about the virus, and we weren't getting good info from China or WHO. Didn't he have a 21 person committee consulting? And didn't fauci say in March masks weren't needed? Cdc has changed their guidelines many times.
    I'm sure everybody involved would like to have done a few things differently. I also don't expect someone like Biden, a career politician, to know jack shit about a new virus, nor did I expect Trump to or any other politician, who lie to people for a living anyway.

12. fl0at_

Have you ever heard the saying "lead by example"?

Trump did not lead by example on masks, on social distancing, on treatment, on prevention, on... just about anything regarding this virus. Sure, lots of other people did. He did not.

Lead by example is a simple thing. I cannot respect anyone who cannot lead by example.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

My wife's coworkers and their close family keep popping positive for COVID and not saying anything for awhile. It's getting annoying.

justingroves likes this.
  14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'm getting the vaccine this week. Could be as early as today.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Makes me happy, especially for you. I hope you have been able to stay safe, my friend.

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

So far, so good. It's been a mosh pit around here at times, but we are doing the best we can under the circumstances.

17. fl0at_

Nice. My in-laws stayed up to 12:01am last night, and reserved shots an hour away in the boonies of West Tennessee. But they gettin' shot.

VolDad and NorrisAlan like this.
  18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Wish I could get my mother to get the shot, but I know her and have asked her twice about it and that is it. Stubborn as a mule and the more you bring something up, no matter how good it is for her, the more she will tell you to [uck fay] off.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tell her it is the Trump vaccine. I'm about to start a social media MAGA vax movement. Or maybe VaQcine? You get this shot, and the government can no longer read your thoughts, or something. Just need to make some memes.

VolDad and SetVol13 like this.
  20. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I told my parents I would do that but they started calling pharmacies last week to see if they would put them on a list and one in Pikeville told them just to come down Friday. So they both got their first dose of Moderna last Friday.

IP and CitrusCo.Vol like this.