POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

What is discord? Get off my lawn, and I'll hang up and listen.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Modern PC gamer voice chat software. You create a channel, and people can join. It has message and voice capabilities, game/topic specific rooms, and stuff like that.

And it is free.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Ah, some things around here make more sense now.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

It's annoying, that's what. Now that most of my Xbox friends have switched to PC, they all just want to talk in Discord. But it's a pain in the ass (moreso a pain to my ears) for me to chat in Discord because I have to use earbuds plugged into my phone to hear the chat, then put my headset on over those earbuds in order to hear the game audio.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Get a PC, loser.

cpninja and fl0at_ like this.
  6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm considering it strongly. Turns out the best way to play old school Pokemon games these days may be to just buy a PC and go the emulator route. Seems everything is made easier when done on PC.

7. fl0at_

If that is your plan, download all the ROMs now.

A buddy had that plan, and by the time he got his PC finished up, it was harder to find the ROMs due to some lost legal challenge.

(He's a lawyer, so was all in a tiffy about ethics of downloading things... but put the line at "ease" of finding.)

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Well, I think I'm going to go a different route for now. I'm planning to get a 2DS from Gamestop and download some games (probably blue version and silver version) via the Nintendo eShop. Looks like the older ones are only $10 a piece for the digital copies.

Now if I can just convince a friend to do the same thing I'm doing, but with red version and gold version) so that we can trade in the future to complete our collections, that'd be excellent.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

No one wants red version. If you used a rom, you could hex edit in the full collection noob.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't know what that means, confirming your assertion that I'm a noob.

On the other hand, I have enough trade credit and reward certificates to get the Nintendo 2DS from Gamestop for free, so the idea of getting to play these games for just $10 a piece seems pretty nice. A PC, on the other hand, would be a lot more money and a lot more time/effort.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is the nintendo console equivalent of editing your save file.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Gotcha.

I think my number one preference would be to play HeartGold and/or SoulSilver, but there are no digital copies available, and the games themselves are pretty challenging to find. Hard to tell which ones are legit and which ones are fake on ebay.

I never got to play those but have read they are awesome, as far as remakes go. They also give you access to catch a lot more pokemon, from what I've read.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Also, sorry for derailing this thread.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Shoot, can't derail a thread on train wrecks.

SetVol13 and fl0at_ like this.
  15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m not too concerned with pissing off the 4 or 5 other people who post on this site anyway.

16. fl0at_

Why, do you have lots of other places to go?

17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Dear god, the Q people think the South Park Vaccination special making fun of them was really messages about Q

I can’t with this y’all.

18. fl0at_

That still means they handled it better than Scientology.

19. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Here is a new one to me:

Sharing Oprah memes from Meghan Markle interview is ‘digital blackface’.

[​IMG]

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've heard it for a few years, but I don't fully understand the nuances.