POLITICS My Facebook Feed

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by TennTradition, Jan 3, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Although "original" is subjective to time frame. The original Europeans were the Basques, for example.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I've mentioned it before, somewhere, from when I sold firearms. ATF 4473 has the same fields, and folks of middle eastern and Hispanic decent would always ask what to check.

White.

I once got, from the Hispanic side, a "I ain't no stupid gringo."

Hahah. Sign the form.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think any person is "white." "White" came about as a way to specify "not of African, Asian, or Indigenous ancestry." I don't know anyone who goes around talking about their white culture or their white values who isn't also a white supremacist. People talk about being Irish, Italian, Scottish, German, Polish, Russian, etc. Not "white," because it really doesn't mean anything on a personal level.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It is a defined race, by our government. What it means to be white, is to be in that checkbox.

Everything else is either not defined, or defined differently, such as ethnicity.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Right now, if you are white, you are intolerant and more than likely a higher percentage chance of being a serial killer. If you are not Democrat, you may be a Rupublikkkan. Asians and African Americans often talk of the white man being the most dangerous to them, though the chances of being attacked by a white man are far less than one of the same color or race.
    I guarantee you the first thing about Boulder that went thru the minds of many, was "another white dude going on a killing spree", vs a muslim immigrant from Syria. Though definitions via Census may say one thing, we all know what people are referencing, and it was more than likely a surprise to all of us when the name of the shooter came out and wasn't a 3 name "white" boy with a John Parker Smith name or something of the sort.
    Just thinking aloud and giving my opinion, so don't flip the [uck fay] out if you disagree. I'm not the most pc person around and don't plan to be. It is what it is.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I get that. I just mean exactly that: it is an abstraction.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Meena Harris, the niece of Vice President Kamala Harris, received more than 6,000 retweets and 35,000 likes on a since-deleted tweet, blaming white men for the violent shooting in Boulder, Colorado, on Monday.

According to screenshots of the deleted tweet, as of 6:59 p.m. ET on Monday, Harris received 6,564 retweets, 35,700 likes and over 300 quote tweets.

"The Atlanta shooting was not even a week ago. Violent white men are the greatest terrorist threat to our country," Harris wrote in the tweet that has since been deleted.

https://www.newsweek.com/meena-harr...ng-got-6500-retweets-35k-likes-before-1578206

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Statistically...

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It might get a little messy once you start fleshing out the murder data

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think some people like to throw around claims about minority groups, and can't handle it when the same logic and language is directed at their group. Imagine having the worst individuals of your demographic held up as representative of you... Well, we don't have to imagine it as folks who are "white" anymore because it has come back full circle. But now we are outraged by it. Only now!

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh, she stored her weapons somewhere besides propped up on a shelf recently. That's probably good.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If it's faulty logic, I think that's fair.

But I don't think you'll like it once you dig into the data

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Don't know if accurate...

[​IMG]

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think a lot of people didn't like it and so they have shown you data that they like better, while telling me I haven't dug into it.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I have no [uck fay]ing clue what you're talking about.

But to act like what most would consider "white" men to be the greatest threat of being a killer in this country is just dishonest or pushing an ideology.

"whites" account for less than 50% percent of all murders in the country and that's with including Latinos as "white".

Indy and VolDad like this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I thought we were talking about mass shootings. I can't just go seat of the pants on what is "white," I am going with the US Census definition. As I already said, I don't see it as a meaningful grouping but more of a "left-overs" category for ancestry from Ireland to the Urals to the Arabian peninsula to Morocco. And I don't think it makes any real difference, as the mass shootings stats seem to match demographic size. You know, people being just people and all.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Here is my uneducated take, just based on what I see in the news:

Someone walks into a place and shoots a bunch of random people and then kills self? Probably a white male.

Someone shoots a bunch of people in a gang related hit? Probably a black male.

Someone shoots family? Probably a male.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If you want to go with mass shootings that get the most media attention, I'll give you "white" males.

If you want to go with the every day mass shootings that account for the majority of mass shootings that gets little to no national attention, That's not happening due to "white" males

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do you feel like you are being attacked?

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't but that doesn't mean that bullshit narratives shouldn't be called out for being bullshit.