2021 Vol BBall Recruiting

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Apr 20, 2020.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Only problem is Powell is from KY and has openly said he’d go to UK if they offer. So our only shot at getting him is contingent on UK passing on him

2. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

And is apparently already talking with Kentucky, who could definitely use him

3. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I would rather have Vescovi at backup PG. Powell is a 2 as well.

4. LawVol16

LawVol16 Member

Walker Kessler just hit the portal. I would imagine he’ll end up at one of Duke, UVA, Gonzaga, or UT.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have mixed emotions about how much people transfer around now, but it is definitely to the benefit of the student-athlete and I can live with that. That is the way to err.

6. KyleAlexanderfan

My guess is UVA. Heard some people talking about UGA being in it initially as well.

Could really use this guy.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'd rather have him floating around the perimeter for spot up after inside out or penetration by the pg

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The people at VN have been hinting at Kessler contacting UT for a few weeks now, which I found to be idle chatter until today. I wouldn't put significant merit into internet rumors, but, this time, they were right on point.

I hope so, because Kessler is not a Handje Tamba-type project. He can help us right now. I'd take BHH, Kessler and Jordan as the final pieces and be fine with calling it a day for the roster reshaping. That would give us the top PG in the freshman class with a 6-9 inside-out forward, a 7 footer and a legit shooter, all the parts we were looking to get.

Ssmiff likes this.
  9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Who is Jordan?

10. Unimane

Sorry, Powell, the kid from Auburn.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

You're over here making me care, I have mixed feelings about that.

A-Smith and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  12. KyleAlexanderfan

That would be like landing 3 5 stars in addition to Chandler. I’d be happy with just 2 of those 3. All 3 seem unlikely.

13. Unimane

Seems like Gonzaga is leading for Kessler, but we are in the mix.

14. Unimane

Shit ton of guys in the portal now and probably more. I'll bet there are, potentially, 25 or so guys out there who could legit help us.

15. SeabeeVol

SeabeeVol New Member

16. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Hopefully he lands at a place that doesn't value free throws.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Pember leaving as well

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  19. Unimane

Nate Reuvers from Wisconsin in the portal. A 6-11 post who can step out and hit the three would be interesting. He dipped to 8 ppg this year, but he was averaging 13 in the Big Ten a year ago.

20. KyleAlexanderfan

Good luck to Gaines. I bet he’s successful somewhere.

SeabeeVol likes this.