2021 Vols Baseball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by The Dooz, Feb 19, 2021.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2. CardinalVol

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

It seems like Vitello likes being here, and we have the money to make investments for the long haul. That said, not gonna say I’m not nervous until LSU makes a hire.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I’d be surprised if he leaves if we pony up. (1.5 million)

IP likes this.
  5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It's been a few months since I've had a good Tennessee [penis] kick,so let me make sure I've got a time line nailed down.

This morning info will start leaking about a potential deal with LSU, players will hear about it leading to us getting our shit rocked this afternoon, team returns home, NYY guarantees that Vitello has signed an extension, Vitello is announced as LSU head coach within 24 hours of NYY's guarantee, we hire the baseball coach from UCF, croots decommit, and Tenny makes a drive-by post about the sport of baseball sucking.

Sound about right?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

The most upsetting part of all this is that I got tricked into giving a shit about baseball for about a month. I feel violated.

zehr27, lumberjack4 and chavisut like this.
  7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

He’s a Vol till he ain’t.

GBFO

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I saw that we were good. I kept an eye on the schedule. I watched the first few innings of the game against Virginia on Sunday.

But I stopped WELL short of caring. I’ve been hurt way too many times to fall for that trap again.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Shit, Peyton is there.

It’s been a fun season y’all

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Helluva run and most fun I've had watching UT sports in years.

Pay the man.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yeah, was a fun season up until Omaha. Hope to get back there soon.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

On the bright side it was good experience and helps prepare us for next year's kick in the nuts.

A-Smith and SetVol13 like this.
  13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I know some of y'all had talked about going to Omaha but decided not to. I did not know the team had decided not to show up either.

14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Team I watched showed up. Just didn’t have much go their way. Sometimes baseball is like that.

SetVol13 likes this.
  15. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Baseball sucks when you don't give a shit about a team. Almost nobody sits around watching random MLB games like people will for football. But it's a beautifully romantic sport when you have a sentimental attachment to a team. Makes you feel like a kid again.

17. CardinalVol

Helluva ride. Wished it could have lasted a week longer, but man was this team fun.

18. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

This is perfect.

JohnnyQuickkick likes this.
  19. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Proud of this team. It was a fun ride the past few weeks. I felt our lack of pitching was going to hurt us in Omaha. Losing our ace early in the year really hurt and would have changed everything for us in Omaha. Key now is keeping Vitello. Future is bright if we do. GBFO

hohenfelsvol and lylsmorr like this.
  20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Only Atlanta Brave playoff runs and this program can recapture the childlike magic of this sport for me. Few purer highs for any American sports fan than living and dying on every pitch with a baseball team you actually give a damn about.