Fall Practice

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Aug 5, 2021.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Shoot, all he has to do to be successful is complete 60% and pull it 4Xs/game for marginal yards and he will be a success.

zehr27 likes this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Extend drives. We haven't had the ability since Dobbs and not for years before him. Feels like I've been begging for it for most of last 20+ years.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Imagine trying to tackle Milton and Beckwith

Memtownvol and zehr27 like this.
  4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Luckily I could never catch them.

5. je93

je93 New Member

MICHIGAN fan here

Milton is tempting to root for based on practice reports. In game is a different story

He's good for at least one WTF throws a game, and by that I mean thrown right at a defender's chest. His passing percentage hasn't changed since HS, because he doesn't see the field. He has his first/preferred option, and locks on. He may have an arm cannon, but the next time he connects deep will be his first (nah, he hit Nico deep in 2018)

As for running, he's hesitant. Watch our Minnesota game, and despite having room, he studder-stepped the entire time. The rest of the season, nothing. This includes the PennSt game, where he seemed scared on short yardage situations

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane. That may seem harsh, and of course we all want the best for all of our players, but he just seems like he needs a few years of starter reps, against softer competition. I assumed G5 or even FCS. But SEC? It'll take a miracle, and that isn't likely while splitting Fall reps three ways

Just my opinion

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

6. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Meh, sounds bitter

KyleAlexanderfan likes this.
  7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Why are your WRs worse than Sun Belt WRs?

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Only one WTF throw a game? Huge upgrade over JG then.

9. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

But seriously. He doesn't need to read the field, this offense is not predicated on finding the 4th and 5th options. Most of the reading is done pre-snap. Secondly, he hit on a laser beam deep ball last year vs Indiana. But lastly, it doesn't matter if he sucks at game time if this staff has the balls to sit him and choose from the backup, who's played a ton of P5 ball, or the Top 200 QB that finally is getting reps and coaching. If we can't find a QB out of these three with this head coach then they are the least of our problems.

TDVol1989 and justingroves like this.
  10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is all pretty accurate but he is now in a much easier offense so he may finally work out. I have had my doubts and still do but word is he is looking pretty good and is comfortable in this style of offense.

TDVol1989 and Memtownvol like this.
  11. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

You’d never guess just 8 months ago we were all sure the program was 1,000 feet under and Heupel was a complete joke

upload_2021-8-22_20-24-7.jpeg

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

God only knows where we’ll be 8 months from now

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Eh, Fall Camp always brings out the Hope. Except during the Butch Years.

14. VOLinDAWGland

I miss the energy vampires and champions of life and the best staff in America and the infallible offense.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

he's still rambling off gimmicks at arkansas state. had one thr other day with all kinds of numbers that was some new mantra. Cargo cult mentality. he's always looking for the magical incantation to recite that makes it all real.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  16. NorrisAlan

Did you take the horse dosage of ivervectin yesterday?

17. VOLinDAWGland

Eat like candy

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've had a critter shake when giving it and got some in my mouth. It's bitter, sort of a black licorice with no sugar taste to it. Do not recommend. Same with Panacur, now that I think about it.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Heupel not naming a starter today is a bit concerning. There is no reason to hide your starter from a team like Bowling Green.

Likely means we will have co starters which I think is a massive mistake if that happens.

20. NorrisAlan

Is it normal to name starters two weeks before the first game? Will they not be named next Monday?