Fall Practice

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Aug 5, 2021.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

On the one hand, that was foolish. On the other hand, this feels a little un American.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Mine is in my wallet.

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

For $100 I'll make you one that says whatever you want.

4. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I kind of want to go to the game next Thursday but at the same time it’s basically just asking to get Covid.

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I wonder how well this will actually be enforced. I find it hard to believe they will be checking tests/proof of vaccination carefully and also checking against a form of identification.

This feels more like a way for the schools to cram the stadiums full, but still say they were "doing their part" to keep everyone safe.

Memtownvol and HCKevinSteele like this.
  6. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

You should still be able to call and get a replacement or electronic one.

A-Smith likes this.
  7. KyleAlexanderfan

I’m sure there will be plenty of fraudulent cards. But the idea of buying a ticket and getting refused at the gate will deter a good portion of people.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I hope the stadium is completely full except for the person right in front of me and the one to the left of me.

9. KyleAlexanderfan

Could change obviously.

10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I don't even think it will require fraudulent cards. I'd be shocked if they actually check half the people going in.

Imagine how hectic the gates are at Neyland prior to a game (I'm assuming LSU is similar) and then imagine them adding in the step of checking vaccination/test results and ID. Half the stadium wouldn't be in their seats until the 3rd quarter.

If something like this were put in place at Neyland, who is going to be responsible for conducting the checks? The same ushers that always work the gates? Most of them struggle just to scan the barcode on the tickets.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I feel bad for the gate workers at LSU. In all honesty, if I did it, I might call in and say "no thanks for this year".

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

You may be able to get some proof of some sort from where ever you got jabbed.

13. KyleAlexanderfan

I’m sure they’ll hire additional staff.

14. NorrisAlan

Thing is, I an photocopy one from someone I know and just flash the damn thing. NO way in hell they are going to look at the name, look at your driver's license, and look at your ticket.

utvol0427 likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's like pretending to wear a seat belt, though. It's a lot of extra effort to just put yourself at increased risk for no benefit.

16. NorrisAlan

I agree. Just saying that the enforcement of this policy is nigh impossible.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya. I think you do the best you can and use it more as a messaging platform. Have signs up saying for YOUR safety, vaccinations are required. If they want to fake it, that's on them. But maybe it pushes a few more people to do it, or reconsider.

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Reminds me of when I used to get my sister, a blond girl, into Neyland with a student ticket and ID from one of my friends, an Asian guy last name of Yang. She never got checked, ever.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

But honestly, who even cares? A ticket from an ID, one butt per ticket and ID, no problems.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I feel like they’d have refused out of pure pettiness in my day